Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Carb balancing

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

needaz1100r
ZedHead
ZedHead

Re: Carb balancing

#16 PostAuthor: needaz1100r » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:08 pm

crossthread wrote:YAY. IV'E GOT IT . Thanks warren3200gt , good explanation. Of course , the volume in each float bowl will be different because each float will have a different displacement. I know the recommended way to do it , done it many times . I was trying to re-invent the wheel . I gotta disagree with Adrian H though , draining each carb in turn and measuring the volume of the fuel would be easy , and you gotta drain the carb to fit the measuring pipe. Over thinking ? me ? :D :D

As Adrian said, the first carb you drain will also drain, because the float valve will open, the fuel left in the fuel pipe, the others won't. On a twin feed set that would be repeated on one of each pair.
Cheers,

Mark.

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Carb balancing

#17 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:47 pm

Easily overcome though, surely? Drain one of the pair, measure the other. Then repeat in reverse. So the theory is good bar the float displacement issue. It would just become more labourious than doing it the wet method.
PUM 488 June 2023
76 Z900A4, 77 Z650B1, 77 KZ650B1, 77 Z1000A1, 82 Z1000J2, ZRX1100R.

Return to “Bike Help”