Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Getting a Z1000st soon

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Futter
new poster

Getting a Z1000st soon

#1 PostAuthor: Futter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 pm

It's a bit mad Max stylee and looks terrible (I love it) and apart from a few things I will be looking to do myself I do want to improve the front brakes. What's the best mod? It already has braided hoses.
Birth school ride die

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Getting a Z1000st soon

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:04 am

Hi Futter
I have no idea what other brakes can be used on an ST, I do know that the brakes are the same as those mounted on a Z1300.
Mind that you're dealing with a seventies bike and brakes! If you want to stop with an ST you must think ahead!
In my experience the ST brakes work good as long as the front master cylinder is in good condition and if the brake lines and calipers are properly bled.
I don't think you'll be able to brake so hard that the rear wheel will lift from the ground, the ST is too heavy at the rear.
The rear brake is very strong and the rear wheel can block faster than you expect it.
I hope someone on here can give you the advice you need.
Good luck with it!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Getting a Z1000st soon

#3 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 am

Depends how much money you want to spend on brakes, alloy brackets and AP Lockheed calipers make a big improvement
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Return to “Bike Help”