Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Reg/Rec A4

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

Reg/Rec A4

#1 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Need a new reg/rec for me 900A4
Blew main fuse last ride out when giving it the beans!
What’s best & what’s discount code for ZPower?
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

johny brando
100Club
100Club

Re: Reg/Rec A4

#2 PostAuthor: johny brando » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Pigford wrote:Need a new reg/rec for me 900A4
Blew main fuse last ride out when giving it the beans!
What’s best & what’s discount code for ZPower?

Hi Piggy .........a combined Solid State unit is by far the best ...not sure where best to buy it "probably @ your local bike breakers) , you'd have do some checking out there if you want a new one ( I used a S/H Hodna 250 Dream unit I got from a auto jumble ...cost =1 Beer tokens = bargain ! ) been going strong now for 5 years . All the best. Over N Out . Lee ( aka- Johny Brando )

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:23 am

Mark you have a P.M

chrisu

#4 PostAuthor: chrisu » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 pm

any modern 5 wire reg/rec will be fine. have a look on ebay

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#5 PostAuthor: Pigford » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Cheers chaps -sorted now ta :up

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Got this one from one from Zpower 2 years ago, fresh out of packaging today first time it's been on a bike, they don't take returns on electrical items, and i guess after 2 years it's a bigger no, straight in the bin. ouch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ka6C2FbCw

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: johny brando » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:02 am

kev edwards wrote:Got this one from one from Zpower 2 years ago, fresh out of packaging today first time it's been on a bike, they don't take returns on electrical items, and i guess after 2 years it's a bigger no, straight in the bin. ouch.

Hi Kev,
I'm assuming the reg/rect unit your referring to is the one shown in the attached You-Tube . I'm maybe missing something here... but whats wrong with it there ? as it seems to be charging OK although I think it is charging at the upper end of the max voltage level .... personally myself I would prefer to see 14.5 volts at about 2-3000 rpm & I'm guessing no lights were on in the video & maybe the battery was a bit down on voltage too ? so that said & 'with my very limited electrical understanding', it appears OK to me mate ! Hope it's all tick-a-boo now.
Cheers bud.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:19 pm

johny brando wrote:
kev edwards wrote:Got this one from one from Zpower 2 years ago, fresh out of packaging today first time it's been on a bike, they don't take returns on electrical items, and i guess after 2 years it's a bigger no, straight in the bin. ouch.

Hi Kev,
I'm assuming the reg/rect unit your referring to is the one shown in the attached You-Tube . I'm maybe missing something here... but whats wrong with it there ? as it seems to be charging OK although I think it is charging at the upper end of the max voltage level .... personally myself I would prefer to see 14.5 volts at about 2-3000 rpm & I'm guessing no lights were on in the video & maybe the battery was a bit down on voltage too ? so that said & 'with my very limited electrical understanding', it appears OK to me mate ! Hope it's all tick-a-boo now.
Cheers bud.

Yes it's the one in the video, the voltage is too high and would cook the battery, headlight disconnected, rear still on, battery new gel fully charged, this unit was going to be used at one stage but i managed to get a new electrex world one, and never bothered to send this one back kept it in its bag until the test in the video, had it too long to send back, if ever i have replaced these things in the past i only cut a hole in the bag big enough to allow the plugs to be put together and test without removing the controller from the bags.

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: johny brando » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:09 am

kev edwards wrote:
johny brando wrote:

Hi Kev,
Cheers bud.

Yes it's the one in the video, the voltage is too high and would cook the battery, headlight disconnected, rear still on, battery new gel fully charged, this unit was going to be used at one stage but i managed to get a new electrex world one, and never bothered to send this one back kept it in its bag until the test in the video, had it too long to send back, if ever i have replaced these things in the past i only cut a hole in the bag big enough to allow the plugs to be put together and test without removing the controller from the bags.

Aaah ...like i said I'm not up to much with lectrickory so i guess your right @15.8 v. I checked the bible & it says 15.5 is OK with no lights on ..so Mmm maybe it would boil the battery !

gpjes
100Club
100Club

#10 PostAuthor: gpjes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi Piggy, I've kept this all these years, it might help, Jes[image]
IMG_2030.jpg
[/image]
More Smiles Per Mile

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#11 PostAuthor: Pigford » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 am

gpjes wrote:Hi Piggy, I've kept this all these years, it might help, Jes[image]IMG_2030.jpg[/image]

Cheers matey - sorted now ta!

TBH, I'd not bother with CB250/400 Hodna reg/rec as they're all a bit too old now!?

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#12 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Electrexworld - is where I bought mine from.

https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalo ... 0A-A1.html
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Return to “Bike Help”