Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Centre stand bolts and spring Z1R & Z1

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

Centre stand bolts and spring Z1R & Z1

#1 PostAuthor: rpeters » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:00 pm

I have two centre stands to fit to a Z1R and a 73 Z1 900. The stands are obviously different. Question is the fitting bolts and springs the same? And eat place to get them, eBay or z power?
Cheers
Rob
paid up member

000zeds
ZedHead
ZedHead

Re: Centre stand bolts and spring Z1R & Z1

#2 PostAuthor: 000zeds » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Zeds-R-Us

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Philippe » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:39 am

Hi Rob
from the Z1 until the Z1000 MK2 all centre stand bolts have the same dimensions (hollow for the real Z1 bolts but equal in dimensions).
The repro centre stand springs can cause problems, sometimes the hook is bending due to the poor quality of the steel...so if you can get an original Kawasaki spring buy it.
Z-Power is OK, if something is wrong you know where you bought the parts.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

#4 PostAuthor: rpeters » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:36 am

Discovered that the Z1R stand that i bought had the bolts and spring in the box :roll:
Fitted the stand and it went on really easy, connecting the spring at frame hole and stand hook first, move stand into position and install the bolts.

I found a centre stand with bolts and spring in the back of the garage not sure what it was from, I think MK2 or H so happy days.
When i checked the 73 Z1 I found that it had the original hollow nuts and bolts installed so happy days there to!

Using the same method as the Z1 I tried to fit the stand but no such luck, with the spring installed the stand didn't align with the brackets at all, I installed the stand without the spring then tried to install the spring but its about an inch out of alignment with the brackets and there is no way of pulling the spring onto the hook.

Question is, are the spring lengths different or vary in length between early Z1 and later. The spring I have is quite old and maybe its lost its 'spring'...
Any advice?

Cheers

Rob
paid up member

Return to “Bike Help”