Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Rear Light Gremlin Z1000 A1

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Rear Light Gremlin Z1000 A1

#16 PostAuthor: Tonto » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Finally sorted the gremlin - once again thanks for the tips.
Cant believe what an absolute b'stard that was: so many hours taken up and it turned out to be something so small and caused by my own bodgery :oops: :oops:
Having had almost the entire loom and electrics in bits the last thing I checked was the instrument illuminatioon circuit - cant believe that I had managed to nip a blue live feed to one tacho illumination bulb when installing the clocks into the mountings, basically taking one of the 4 bulbs out of service - real hard to see in a well lit garage, and with old mans eyes..

Anyway took advantage to refurb the loom and connectors etc, and she is all functional and back together - just awaiting some shiny Busso exhausts from Santa.
Here she is looking shiny and fixed :biggrin

P1040812.JPG

P1040815.JPG

P1040814.JPG

Cheers Tim
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#17 PostAuthor: johny brando » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Tonto wrote:Finally sorted the gremlin - once again thanks for the tips.
Cant believe what an absolute b'stard that was: so many hours taken up and it turned out to be something so small and caused by my own bodgery :oops: :oops:
Having had almost the entire loom and electrics in bits the last thing I checked was the instrument illuminatioon circuit - cant believe that I had managed to nip a blue live feed to one tacho illumination bulb when installing the clocks into the mountings, basically taking one of the 4 bulbs out of service - real hard to see in a well lit garage, and with old mans eyes..

Anyway took advantage to refurb the loom and connectors etc, and she is all functional and back together - just awaiting some shiny Busso exhausts from Santa.
Here she is looking shiny and fixed :biggrin

P1040812.JPG
P1040815.JPG
P1040814.JPG

Cheers Tim

Glad you got there in the end ! Perseverance is a good attribute .......well done ! Johny. B.

weaver
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#18 PostAuthor: weaver » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:37 am

well done its a great feeling when an elusive fault is eventually tracked down,electrical faults like this are usually something simple,just a bugger to find :wink:

csd4t
Regular Poster

#19 PostAuthor: csd4t » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Just want to thank the OP, my 900A4 had the exact same problem and the exact same cause. Tail light fuse problem sir? Check the wiring to the speedo lights simples!!! The wonders of elecktrickery. Saved me hours faffing around with looms/plugs so thanks.

Return to “Bike Help”