Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Airbox Identification

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Paul Whitehouse
100Club
100Club

Airbox Identification

#1 PostAuthor: Paul Whitehouse » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:37 pm

Gentlemen,

I've had this sitting in my garage for a while. I removed it from my Z900-A4 when converting to bellmouths.

I've had a look on the site and seen some crazy posts with regards to airboxes and value. I'm not one for nut and bolt restorations and genuine parts have never really bothered me.

Would one of you guys be able to honestly identify, from the photographs, what I have here and give me an indication of how much it's worth. Unfortunately, the assembly doesn't have the `S` shape snorkel thingy (which I gather would have been a few quid in itself !....I think I threw that away when I fitted the bellmouths !!...and no baked bean can filter either, which never bothered me)
One of the filter lids shown is one that I machined myself, years ago to fit. The other is a patent lid that I bought a while back but never fitted.

From looking on here and doing a bit of research on the net using the part numbers it seems this may well be off a Z1000 or Z1R...but so many conflicting stories I'm still not sure.

Any info. gratefully received.

Cheers,

Paul
Attachments
6.jpeg
5.jpeg
3.jpeg
If it's too loud....too bad.
Phil Churchett Award Winner 2014

lex84
Regular Poster

Re: Airbox Identification

#2 PostAuthor: lex84 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi Paul,

It is definitely not an Z900 A4 airbox. I am not 100% sure but I think it is from an Z1R .

Lex

compo z1r
ZedHead
ZedHead

#3 PostAuthor: compo z1r » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:30 pm

That’s z1r but and a big butt it’s from USA California with its clean air intake not many people want or need it specially in the uk sorry :shock: :shock:
THE ORIGINAL TARMAC TERRORIST

Z1000S !! Z1R Z810 [ project ] FZR 1000 RU KTM SXF 250 / 08 R6 and my dog zak.???

Z1OC # 886 till 2026

Paul Whitehouse
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: Paul Whitehouse » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Thanks guys.
Compo....that kind of makes sense. The bike came off the line in Lincoln, Nebraska and, from the small amount of info I’ve found on it’s history, it spent most of it’s life in California prior to being imported over here.
If it's too loud....too bad.

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2014

Return to “Bike Help”