Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Bearing hub top hat bearing spacer!

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

bobajob
Regular Poster

Bearing hub top hat bearing spacer!

#1 PostAuthor: bobajob » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Start off with an apology it's dumb question time again, I shouldn't be asking this question but when even checking the part manuals, doing random club and internet searches for images doesn't give me answer, will swallow my pride and ask away! Changing the bearings on the rear wheel hub, Z1a, and knocked bearing out and the top hat bearing pacer fell out too quick for me to notice orientation, no probs will check the manuals, all the z1, Z1a manuals I can find shows the top hat ring bang in the middle. The Z1000 manual shows it cush drive/ sprocket side so guessing that is correct for the Z1a too. Can anyone confirm if the ring goes sprocket or brake side, before I put it back together? Or does it even matter cheers Mike

chrisu

Re: Bearing hub top hat bearing spacer!

#2 PostAuthor: chrisu » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:33 pm

don't think it makes much difference. I think its just there to centralise the spacer.

But someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.

Jumbo
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Jumbo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:34 pm

I would say it does not matter as the ring is only there to hold the spacer in position to enable the axle to slide through. It is only pressed steel .
LE to JOG on a z900

P.U.M.

bobajob
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: bobajob » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks for the replies, I was sort of coming to the conclusion it doesn't matter which end the bearing spacer ring goes as the A4 manual shows the ring on the drum side, the Z1000 on the sprocket side and the z1 in the middle. Full house! cheers again!

Return to “Bike Help”