Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

YUASA BATTERY STOCKISTS

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: YUASA BATTERY STOCKISTS

#16 PostAuthor: Charlie » Fri May 15, 2020 5:26 pm

dave cullen wrote:
Charlie wrote:Do not forget it is now illegal to mail/courier any batteries with acid packs, and pretty much no dealers (even if they have acid) will fill other peeps batteries.

You would do better to buy from as local a dealer as you can, they are only supposed to be sold filled and ready to go

but surely that's a matter for them if they are still supplying mail order is it not?

In the big scheme, maybe - but given there is a maximum two year prison sentence and unlimited fine if they get caught or if there is any incident resulting from them breaking the law it would be obscenely stupid.

Its been dropped into the poison and firearms regulations ya see. I would not expect too many idiots to persist in sending acid products through the courier or mail system.
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: Bill P » Fri May 15, 2020 7:34 pm

I buy my Batteries from Tayna , next day delivery dead helpful if needs be to and great prices , They come charged ready
to go ,i,ve had getting up two dozen with no issues two of them last week .

chrisu

#18 PostAuthor: chrisu » Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 am

Bill P wrote:I buy my Batteries from Tayna , next day delivery dead helpful if needs be to and great prices , They come charged ready

Yup - this is who i use too for car/bike batteries.

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Sat May 16, 2020 10:24 am

Bill P wrote:I buy my Batteries from Tayna , next day delivery dead helpful if needs be to and great prices , They come charged ready

I went for them as the battery comes ready to go, I got a Yuasa YB18L-A in the end, thanks to all for recommending Tayna
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Charlie wrote:Do not forget it is now illegal to mail/courier any batteries with acid packs, and pretty much no dealers (even if they have acid) will fill other peeps batteries.

You would do better to buy from as local a dealer as you can, they are only supposed to be sold filled and ready to go

Charlie, you may have seen my other post, Tayna prefill the battery, plug it all up, seal it in a vacuum bag then VERY carefully box it, their service has been excellent, can't fault them

Dave
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#21 PostAuthor: Charlie » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am

I didn't see it Dave, but it still sounds like they are dancing around illegality there.

Unless the battery is sealed tamperproof it should not be sent out with acid in it. The law is very, ver clear on that. Whether you or I agree with the law is irrelevant of course - it is what it is
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#22 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Thu May 21, 2020 7:38 pm

dave cullen wrote:

Dave

Just received a new YUASA battery from TAYNA, extremely good service as usual.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Return to “Bike Help”