Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

ELR Z1000R2

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Grimreaper
Regular Poster

ELR Z1000R2

#1 PostAuthor: Grimreaper » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi folks, I hope somebody may be able to help. I just bought a fully restored ELR Z1000R2 from Sweden, The bike was was quite smokie when first started but cleared after a run. The pick up doesn't feel as crisp as I would have thought and it went through £15 of fuel in about 65 mils. It has a new Kerker pipe on it and I was wondering if it has to be rejeted after it is fitted? One last thing, there was oil coming from the front left side around the cylinder head, but I'm not sre if it's still leaking. Sorry this is a bit jumbled but it's not easy to explain. Anyway any advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers Mike

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: ELR Z1000R2

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:04 pm

I would have thought the Kerker should be ok with standard jetting. It shouldn’t be that hard on fuel... :Oo

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 am

Is the choke stuck on?
Anything else is going to be a carbs off job to check the main jets and also to make sure the air jets aren't blocked.
Oil leak could be cured by retorqueing the head bolts (easy job) if not it's a head off job, which isn't difficult either, they're nice and easy to work on, they're about as simple as a 4 stroke can be.
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Grimreaper
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: Grimreaper » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks lads. I contacted the previous owner and he said it had been rejetted for the Keker but didn't know what size. He said he had a similar problem with the fuelling before and put some redline through it. Will try a few of these things and see how I get on. Cheers Mike

Return to “Bike Help”