Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Repro Z900 A4 Wiring Loom

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

steve
100Club
100Club

Repro Z900 A4 Wiring Loom

#1 PostAuthor: steve » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi all,

I've used one of the repro wiring looms for the Z900A4, and found that the wiring for the hazard relay is missing. However, it does have the 3 wires for the hazard rectifier...see pic. If you've come across the same problem, how have you overcome this?

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_7882.JPG

CAT3
100Club
100Club

Re: Repro Z900 A4 Wiring Loom

#2 PostAuthor: CAT3 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:32 pm

You've connected it up incorrectly.

The ORANGE spade terminal should go to the hazard relay, (I'm sure it doesn't matter which terminal).
The BROWN & the RED wires go to the BROWN & RED wires of the diode block & there should be a BLACK wire on the diode block, that should go to the other terminal on the hazard relay.

It's possible you have the BLACK wire missing, it might be where you have connected the ORANGE wire to the diode block.
I'll go & have a look at my A4 in a bit & confirm this.

Just been to check, looking at you picture the ORANGE should go to the hazard relay & there should be a BROWN wire soldered to the centre connection of the diode block.
That BROWN wire should go to the other connection on the hazard relay.

The wiring diagram in my OEM manual shows that short link wire as being BLACK, but on my bike it is BROWN & my bike is original as it left the factory in this respect.

The BROWN is the 12v+ ignition feed, the RED is the 12v+ feed when the ignition switch is set to the PARK position & the ORANGE is the 12v+ feed from the hazard relay to the hazard switch.

steve
100Club
100Club

Re: Repro Z900 A4 Wiring Loom

#3 PostAuthor: steve » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks for explaining that CAT3, very grateful to you...that's a nice easy fix! I did wonder if I'd made a cock up :roll: :oops:

Return to “Bike Help”