Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000 - Warning Stickers

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Mjay
Regular Poster

Z1000 - Warning Stickers

#1 PostAuthor: Mjay » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Guys,
Looking for information regarding the locations of the warning stickers as fitted to my 1977 Z1000 a1 model, particularly those visible when the seat is lifted up.
I understand that it’s fitted with 2 No. Helmet Hook stickers, one on the frame rail, the other on the ducktail unit.
I do have the Battery Vent Pipe routing sticker - this is on the underneath of the seat right at the back.

Any information (or images) regarding this would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

damien.wrl
100Club
100Club

Re: Z1000 - Warning Stickers

#2 PostAuthor: damien.wrl » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:22 pm

Hiya, I have an A1 , a KZ , did quite a bit of research on the decals, can’t remember much and the old bike is at the Doctors atm ... yes two helmet stickers , one on the frame but couldn’t live with the exposed tail one, iirc there is a sticker on the top of the tailpiece (I have the original) , and one on the top of the plastic wing liner( replaced this one but there are different varieties iirc) ...
This is the only photo that shows what I have, I can tell you more when I get the bike back if you aren’t sorted by then...

If you are quick on the pause you can see the tailpiece sticker right at the start of this video and yes the paint guy had to mask around keep the OE sticker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrsg3u ... e=youtu.be

Mjay
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Mjay » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm

Thanks, just viewed the video- that’s a nice looking paint finish, same colour as my bike.
The sticker that shown at the beginning of the clip, does it detail tyre pressures or engine oil data?

damien.wrl
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: damien.wrl » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:48 am

I honestly can’t recall atm, I believe the large one on top of the plastic wheel arch liner is tyre pressure , then long skinny one is oil...I think I struggled to find one exactly like it which is why it had to survive the repaint.

pertonpc
ZedHead
ZedHead

#5 PostAuthor: pertonpc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:50 am

I can supply the correct helmet hook stickers if you need any.
Also the HT lead stickers which often got removed.

Give me a pm or google for Zed Rider Cool Parts

From Mark
Z1-R D1, Z650 B2, Z1-B & ZRX 1200 A1P Catch 'em if you can at www.Zedrider.co.uk

Return to “Bike Help”