Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Couple of questions

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

steve452
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Couple of questions

#1 PostAuthor: steve452 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Having now resolved the kickstarter issue on my Z1-B (the toothed pawls were not separating far enough to run free) and having removed the engine and sump pan to investigate the issue, I am now about to re-install the engine. To make removal easier I removed the head.

1) When I re-install the head nuts is it necessary to re-anneal the copper washers? They were annealed prior to me re-installing the head in September.

2) On a separate issue, I bought a complete Dyna S. It comes with its own 7mm HT leads. Do I have to use these or can I use the 7mm HT leads I bought from Z-Power (and have already cut to the correct size and fitted with Champion plug caps)? I appreciate that I will have to fit the crimped ends to the leads so that they fit the Dyna coils. Just wondered if there was something particularly special about the leads supplied with the Dyna kit. I'm using NGK 8-BES plugs.

Any help very much appreciated.

Steve
Z1-B, 400bhp ZX1000NGF

90% of questions that begin "Why..." can be answered with "Because people are stupid."

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Couple of questions

#2 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:33 pm

1. The washers won't need to be reannealed but i'd just flip them over when re-fitting.
2. You can use whatever leads you like.

steve452
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: steve452 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Many thanks mate.

Have a good New Year (whatever that means at the moment).
Z1-B, 400bhp ZX1000NGF

90% of questions that begin "Why..." can be answered with "Because people are stupid."

gray
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: gray » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:27 pm

if you can't remember which way in they went its no big deal to re-anneal them anyway, with a blowtorch
gray

Return to “Bike Help”