Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Chrome plating

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

freddyz1r
ZedHead
ZedHead

Chrome plating

#1 PostAuthor: freddyz1r » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:42 am

Hiya guys, I'm after recommendations and any idea of pricing for chrome plating (preferably in the east Midlands, but will travel). I have several parts that need re-chroming such as z1r handlebars and an A4 rear mudguard. I know agbrigg and derby plating have been recommended in the past. Any info will be much appreciated.
Cheers freddy :D
Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

It's not me who can't keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't.

freddyz1r
PUM 329

r3sc
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Chrome plating

#2 PostAuthor: r3sc » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi,

Nowadays I always use Prestige Electro Plating at Mexborough.

Great service, great finishes but be warned, current lead time is minimum 4 months.

I’ve currently got three batches of bike and car items with them and an example of price is Hodna CB500 rear mudguard £85 + VAT.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Chrome plating

#3 PostAuthor: Tonto » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi,
For a few years I've been using a guy called Aaron Walkinshaw at Chrome & Classics, based in Hinckley not too far from you.
He's done lots of bikes for me (and my mates) been pleased with the price and quality - he's an honest guy to deal with. He's just done my rims and mudguard (see pic - and has a load more bits) off my H1f project.

P1050001.JPG

Aarons number is - 07729361502

Cheers Tim
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

Return to “Bike Help”