Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Exhaust paint

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Mr Bump
100Club
100Club

Exhaust paint

#1 PostAuthor: Mr Bump » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Good afternoon,

Has anyone got any recommendations for satin black exhaust paint? It needs to take the down pipe heat plus not flake off with yr finger like old VHT used to.

I used some wurth stuff on it last, at the recommendation of a mate and practical sportsbikes, and it was useless. Burns off of the down pipe and allows rust everywhere else. Bloody annoying as I did two different exhausts around the same time and they both did it.

Used some plasticote bbq paint on Z1000a1 brake calipers a couple of years back and it was spot on. I managed to bake them a bit with a blowtorch though. Can't see that being so easy with a whole system tho.

It's for a Harris that I can sandblast clean.

Thanks. Olly
'In your twenties you think you are immortal, in your thirties you hope you are immortal, in your forties you just hope it doesn't hurt too much'

Lemmy

engz1b
100Club
100Club

Re: Exhaust paint

#2 PostAuthor: engz1b » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:32 pm

vht flameproof exhaust paint , best i have found , you will need primer, black flat black exhaust paint,and then satin clear exhaust paint , done mine last year still looks good, available on ebay :D

Return to “Bike Help”