Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Bike lifts

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

tim.25
100Club
100Club

Bike lifts

#1 PostAuthor: tim.25 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:06 pm

After some advice guys.
Are Sealey MC365 lifts any good for home use in a single garage.
I'm getting old and cleaning is difficult grovelling on the floor!
It's for only 1 bike to make life easy but I'm torn between Sealey or Switzer.
The Sealey looks pretty small compared.
Many advice welcome
Tim
Z900a4, BMW 1200GS, KTBFFH

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Bike lifts

#2 PostAuthor: Tonto » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:55 pm

Tim, hi
I tried to put my Z900 on my mates lift which had the smaller bed, and found the main stand foot prop hit the reinforcing lip on the bed side,made it a bit difficult: also the back wheel was overhanging a bit - so went for a larger Switzer one. I guess if you were strapping your bike down it might not be a problem though.

I keep my bikes / projects on mine for months at a time, and found the larger top Switzer a bit easier to get on with: even with a Z1300 on it :D .
Cheers Tim
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

tim.25
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: tim.25 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:26 pm

Tonto wrote:Tim, hi
I tried to put my Z900 on my mates lift which had the smaller bed, and found the main stand foot prop hit the reinforcing lip on the bed side,made it a bit difficult: also the back wheel was overhanging a bit - so went for a larger Switzer one. I guess if you were strapping your bike down it might not be a problem though.

I keep my bikes / projects on mine for months at a time, and found the larger top Switzer a bit easier to get on with: even with a Z1300 on it :D .
Cheers Tim

Thanks Tim
I've just been out in the garage measuring and I thought exactly that with the center stand issue.
Plus also at some point I may have to put a bike on it with just a side stand and the Sealey won't take a paddock stand.
The only thing that puts me off Switzer is that "made in china"
But they do look much stronger, the small Sealey also uses a scissor lift I notice.
If you have a z13 up on it that's good enough for me !!
Cheers for the input.
Tim
Z900a4, BMW 1200GS, KTBFFH

Tonto
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Tonto » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:14 pm

Tim,
After 4 or 5 years use ive been pleased with Switzer - I think they (like almost everything else) are probably all made in China. Pretty sure when I checked out the Sealy equivalent it had a country of origin of China.

Getting my old Z13 on its stand on the lift was a bit daunting :ghostface :ghostface - was defo a job for when a mate popped around :lol:
Cheers
"Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Z900A4 / Hodna CBXZ / Ducati Diavel / H1F 500 Mongrel / CBXZ Project / RD400 project

CAT3
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: CAT3 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:17 am

Depending upon your budget, Probike have a good selection of lifts.

One of my mates has one of these, https://probike.co.uk/lifts-stands/moto ... issor-lift & for the money I thought it is an excellent bit of kit.
You do need a compressor though to operate it.

Return to “Bike Help”