Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

13mm Under Bucket Shim Swap Shop. Now Under New Management…. Again.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

KeithZ1R

13mm Under Bucket Shim Swap Shop. Now Under New Management…. Again.

#1 PostAuthor: KeithZ1R » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:53 am

Due to a change in circumstances the Small shim swapping service has been passed over to myself, available are the smaller 13mm shims, fitted to Z650's 750's GPz1100 Uni-Trak & the 1100R
I am happy to run the swap service for these smaller shims but you will still need to Contact Jerry for the larger ones . I propose to run it the same way as Steve ( GB) did like so :-

Initial contact request by PM will ensure you get my home address, and at the same time it would be a good Idea to let me know what you want as at present the stock is not exhaustive :-

Send your old shims to me, in a Jiffy bag or something capable of holding them safe, just take note that if they are loose in an envelope or similar then there is a strong possibility that the post office sorting rollers will make short work of displacing them and I cannot be held responsible for this.

Also, in the bag along with the shims to be swapped there will need to be a return address label, and a large letter stamp (very Important) and a note saying what size replacements you need, plus your membership number. I will then send you back the required shims as quickly as possible. Please be advised if any of the above criteria is missing, it will not work.

This service will be free to paid up club members , I will check.
It will also be offered to forum only members, but will require a 'donation' of £1.00 per shim swapped. All donations will go to the club’s charity fund for dispersal at the appropriate time .
Keith
:bop :gom

You can never have too many tools in your life, except the two legged variety

I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was
mistaken.

Phil Churchett winner 2013

philhall46
new poster

Re: 13mm Under Bucket Shim Swap Shop. Now Under New Management…. Again.

#2 PostAuthor: philhall46 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:28 pm

Hi
Who do i contact for shim swap for Z900 shims
Thanks

Phil Hall

000zeds
ZedHead
ZedHead

#3 PostAuthor: 000zeds » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:42 pm

PM Jerry President of the club who you will find at the top of the members list :!:
Zeds-R-Us

Stinkfinger
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: Stinkfinger » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:58 pm

Hello I need a shim for a Z1B (larger type) about 1.9mm, do you have one I could swap please?
Regards
Stinky

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:07 pm

Stinkfinger wrote:Hello I need a shim for a Z1B (larger type) about 1.9mm, do you have one I could swap please?
Regards
Stinky

The thinnest stock shim is a 2.0 mm ( although i have had a 1.9mm from a different source but i wouldn't use one.)
If you are down to the thinnest shim you need the head off and trim the valve stems etc and even the collets and retainers to regain some clearance.

Stinkfinger
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: Stinkfinger » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:17 pm

Hi is that because the shim may bend as its only 1.9mm thick?

Return to “Bike Help”