Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Repairing a broken side panel Mount?

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Bevelhead
100Club
100Club

Repairing a broken side panel Mount?

#1 PostAuthor: Bevelhead » Thu May 12, 2022 10:07 pm

The lower mount on one side panel of my Z650 was broken, so had a look on Ebay for a replacement only to find most offered for sale have suffered the exact same damage.

Has anyone tried to repair such damage?

Somehow make a new mount and clue it to the side panel inner, or perhaps find another way of securing the side panel to the frame, the two upper mounts are fine.

Zebedee
100Club
100Club

Re: Repairing a broken side panel Mount?

#2 PostAuthor: Zebedee » Fri May 13, 2022 9:36 am

I've not had a go at repairing perse but I did have to buy a cheap after market thing which is currently in bare plastic (but matches the one painted black on the other side) when mine flew off many moons ago. I think it may well have suffered from the same fate and become dislodged.
Its so long ago now I cant remember. I do remember going round finsbury square to try and find it but was late for something so had to give up. A few weeks later the first scheep one I bought to replace it got nicked while the bike was parked in Finsbury Square.

I had seen posts and thought about some kind of wiring em on to secure them but I guess that would involve drilling the post further weakening them?
Zedbedee Zz
Big Zed medium zed and little zed
Z1000 LTD Z900 ltd z650 B1
:oops:
I’m normally doing something.
Quite often its something wrong?
Its just I don’t realise until later.

deka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: deka » Fri May 13, 2022 10:41 am

i am sure you can get aftermarket for the z650, i may have a couple (not sure) if you want genuine let me know an i will look, no idea if they have lugs as they came with my z900 for some reason. I have replaced one on a gpz900 by using a lug off a gt550 (it is a tall one) and plastic welding it into place
GPZ1100 A1 zrx1100 gsa1200

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: z1bman » Fri May 13, 2022 8:32 pm

Return to “Bike Help”