Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Garage Lift

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

badgb21
Regular Poster

Garage Lift

#1 PostAuthor: badgb21 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:45 pm

Dear Learned Z1 folks,

I want my bike to be higher when I’m cleaning and tinkering in the garage, my back, knees, blah, blah!
I need a lift that I can easily roll on to and leave the bike on its center stand (KZ900) and just pump it up (probably hydraulic or electric) as and when I want to, in order to tinker etc. Then let it down and leave parked on its stand.

Can anyone suggest such a lift, at a reasonable price, as I have lost the will, looking online!

Many thanks.

deka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Garage Lift

#2 PostAuthor: deka » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am

I would get a Clark's motorcycle lift table, easy to use and you can elevate
the bike way in the air, one of the best things i have bought and i got mine used off marketplace for a couple of hundred its 10 years old and works exactly as it should.

pricey new but look out for a used one

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cml3-hy ... 340bbe591d
GPZ1100 A1 zrx1100 gsa1200

chrisu

#3 PostAuthor: chrisu » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:14 am

crikey - they've gone up !

I have the same and its been faultless.

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Bill P » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:13 am

I recommend the Clark , i'm on my second in 12 yrs but only because i wanted a Air operated one.
Yes the price has gone up but what hasn't and there worth there weight in gold in my opinion for
my knee's alone.

Speedie
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: Speedie » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:09 pm

I have the air version of the CML3, great bit of kit but could do with a couple more height settings in my opinion. Its a heavy old beast, the delivery driver had a proper hissy fit trying to get it off his lorry :D I had to dismantle it into lighter sections to carry it through my house and into the shed at the bottom of the garden! If your going straight into your garage off your drive then it will be fine.
It comes packed in a very sturdy wooden box that is much fun in itself trying to unpack :shock:
Paul

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Bill P » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:27 pm

I saved my box to use as my coffin :)

janluke
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: janluke » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Abba Skylift?

Takes up less space than a tradition bench and you can get in and around the bike better for cleaning etc

badgb21
Regular Poster

#8 PostAuthor: badgb21 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:41 pm

Thanks for the info.
The Clarke looks the part, but £684 is the best price I can find and it's a bit pricey for what I need.

There's a Switzer one for £509 - The medium-sized one with a bigger ramp (The YouTube vids are of the smaller one) Which seems ok.
There aren't many good used ones around and by the time I get a van and bung a mate, they aren't a lot cheaper.

Maybe a Clarke one on a Black Friday sale, I could justify!
We'll see. Unless anyone knows a dealer who likes an early sale?

sockpuppet
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: sockpuppet » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:42 pm

I got Clarke one , If you join Machine mart mailing list and and get a catalogue you will get discount vouchers every so often ,
They sometimes have a VAT free weekend for members ( 20 % off )which is when i got mine ,

Mick
Some people are like slinkies -- only interesting if you push them down the stairs !

badgb21
Regular Poster

#10 PostAuthor: badgb21 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
Now joined, and await their VAT-free period.

Kev

sockpuppet wrote:I got Clarke one , If you join Machine mart mailing list and and get a catalogue you will get discount vouchers every so often ,
They sometimes have a VAT free weekend for members ( 20 % off )which is when i got mine ,

Mick

badgb21
Regular Poster

#11 PostAuthor: badgb21 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:25 pm

Hi, so I think I'm sorted for the lift, but would like to know what ratchet straps (or buckle) folks prefer, for those no-center stand bikes.
I guess they need to be flexible, not too big, and reliable.

Thanks for any input.

CAT3
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: CAT3 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:50 pm

The Abba Skylift is a great piece of equipment as is a good bench lift. They both have their merits over the other. The Skylift is more mobile than a bench & takes up less space when not being used, if that is a consideration for you.
I have an Autec lift, made by a Dutch company who have made lifts for Snap-On in the past. Good quality, stable & not the cheapest option on the market.
These people, https://probike.co.uk/ have a good selection of good quality lifts, both hydraulic & air operated. They supply the motorcycle industry too.

badgb21
Regular Poster

#13 PostAuthor: badgb21 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:15 am

Hi
I watched a few vids on the Sky lift and it's certainly not for me.
I am 'faff' adverse and just want a ride/push-on, ride/pull-off solution. A bike can live on the lift. So space isn't really an issue.
I also have a scissor lift if I need to add more height for a particular service reason.
Probike has an exotic range of stuff, but for a home polisher and tinkerer, I think a more modest solution will suffice.

Thanks for the info.

CAT3 wrote:The Abba Skylift is a great piece of equipment as is a good bench lift. They both have their merits over the other. The Skylift is more mobile than a bench & takes up less space when not being used, if that is a consideration for you.
I have an Autec lift, made by a Dutch company who have made lifts for Snap-On in the past. Good quality, stable & not the cheapest option on the market.
These people, https://probike.co.uk/ have a good selection of good quality lifts, both hydraulic & air operated. They supply the motorcycle industry too.

Return to “Bike Help”