Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Chrome spraying ..

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Chrome spraying ..

#1 PostAuthor: Andy M » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:11 pm

Has anyone here had anything chrome sprayed ? Not a rattle can tin . I mean the chemical / paint type process that seems to be taking the market over . Wheeler Dealers just did a Mk 1 Mini and the chrome parts were sprayed with the process .. NB it isn't an off the shelf tacky spray can .. If you know you know . Thanks
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Chrome spraying ..

#2 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:24 pm

Yes, had a few bits done. It's much better than the rattle can stuff but it's not as brilliant as true chrome.
I saw that episode this morning and the company they used was about 15 miles from me but no longer is in business. Not sure if that says anything.
My take on it is if its metal use chrome plating if it's any other material it's a good representation of a chrome finish but doesn't have the depth of lustre of true chrome.
PUM 488 June 2023
76 Z900A4, 77 Z650B1, 77 KZ650B1, 77 Z1000A1, 82 Z1000J2, ZRX1100R.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Chrome spraying ..

#3 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:05 am

As a former plater and metallurgical chemist I would say avoid it like the plague bite the bullet and get stuff chromed properly, also don't be fooled by the phrase triple chromed.

Return to “Bike Help”