Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Any french members out there

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

Any french members out there

#1 PostAuthor: z1bman » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:23 pm

hi guys looking for someone based in France who is capable at diagnosing an electrical problem with a zg1300. i have tried giving him as much information as i possibly can but with him being in another country there is only so much i can do. he has taken it to a mechanic? who has fitted & burnt out 3 stators & 3 maybe 4 voltage regulators & melted part of the harness any willing to take it on ?

Mathh
100Club
100Club

Re: Any french members out there

#2 PostAuthor: Mathh » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:57 pm

My DFI comes from France and it has been modified by AGZ years ago. Their logo is all over the bike. The owner sold the lot to a business in or around Lyon if I remember correctly. I have read an article about the swap (when searching for AGZ) but forgot about the name.

Here is a link to a blog describing what AGZ did: https://legalipometre.blogspot.com/search?q=z1300

You can also point out the French Z1300 website, maybe they can help. Here is a link to their page where people have been asking for professional help:

http://www.z1300club-de-france.fr/forum ... z1300.html

Hope it helps a bit ..

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:10 pm

Moizeau lives in them there French France.
PUM 488 June 2023
76 Z900A4, 77 Z650B1, 77 KZ650B1, 77 Z1000A1, 82 Z1000J2, ZRX1100R.

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: moizeau » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:50 pm

I do indeed, smack bang in the centre, dept. 36 but don't know anything about the 1300. Where's your mate with the bike, France is a big place.
Pete

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: z1bman » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:48 pm

34 Hérault Mèze...

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: moizeau » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Bloody long way from me, be easier for you to fly over. First thing would be to get rid of the 'fitter', obviously not a mech. Is he French or English, either way, get him on here and with the knowledge base he could fix it himself, even if he's never picked up a spanner before.
Pete

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: z1bman » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:55 pm

moizeau wrote:Bloody long way from me, be easier for you to fly over. First thing would be to get rid of the 'fitter', obviously not a mech. Is he French or English, either way, get him on here and with the knowledge base he could fix it himself, even if he's never picked up a spanner before.

the problem he has is he has not got a clue how to fix it himself even with the advise i have given him. he has joined various z1300 forums & has had similar advise to what i have given him but after the mechanic who he has trusted to get the bike sorted has taken his money over a £1000 & has basically thrown the towel in he is left with a bike that is still not fixed

Return to “Bike Help”