Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Basso silencers

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

bigdjag
Regular Poster

Basso silencers

#1 PostAuthor: bigdjag » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm

Has anyone had any dealings with basso silencers. I ordered a set of Z1000 exhausts for my 77 on the 1st December 2022 the said delivery would be February. February came ant went and nothing I contacted them to see what was happening and was told the end of March eventually I got a text from DHL on the 30 April saying that they had received my order and it was on its way, to Las Vegas, I live in Scotland. I contacted them and they said they would look into it, meanwhile I was still getting texts from dhl right up until it was delivered to an address in Las Vegas. Eventually busso get back to me saying they will make another exhaust and it will be with me in August, well August comes and goes nothing. More emails more brocken promises and eventually I ask if santa will be bring it the say it will arrive before Christmas. We'll hurrah it arrived today 1 year and 2 weeks later. So I unwrap the boxes all excited and remove the exhaust and guess what no clamps no link pipe and no heat shields, give me a break, I lay the exhaust out and I have 2 silencers and 4 down pipes 3 the same length and one longer. When fitted to the silencers they are not flush at the head end. I contact busso and an instant reply I have to cut the down pipes to fit, what, I paid €750 plus £148 customs for a system I have to cut to fit. WTF. I will never have any dealings with this company again. And I am still waiting on a reply about the missing parts.
Has anyone else had any problems with this mob.
Sorry for the long rant but had to get it off my chest.
Attachments
20231218_133344.jpg
20231218_135444.jpg
20231218_135449.jpg
20231218_135602.jpg
20231218_135644.jpg
20231218_135821.jpg

warren3200gt
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Basso silencers

#2 PostAuthor: warren3200gt » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:37 pm

Guess you didn't do your homework on them before parting with your hard earned. Search nigel's group buy thread on them on here and feedback all over the net about them. Next gripe you'll have is the chrome flaking off.
Sad to say your experience seems to be pretty much par for the course.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44097&hilit=Group+buy
PUM 488 June 2023
76 Z900A4, 77 Z650B1, 77 KZ650B1, 77 Z1000A1, 82 Z1000J2, ZRX1100R.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Sorry to hear you are another one added to the list of unfortunate suckers who have fallen fowl of Busso.
I presume they asked you to pay by bank transfer? If not and you luckily paid by credit card, I'd get them involved to get a refund.
I see Warren has already linked to the sad and sorry saga that was the group buy I organised with Busso.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

bigdjag
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: bigdjag » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:51 am

I also just found out that what I thought was a complete system for that price isn't. You have to pay an extra ,135 euros for the link pipe, clamps and heat shields. Tha whole deal is a total rip off. There customer service is atrocious, sometimes they reply mostly not. I have asked several times for compensation for there mistakes and having to wait a year but no reply. I would definitely never recommend these shower of W,s to anyone.

Return to “Bike Help”