Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Fork Stanchions rechrome or new.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Z1streetfighter71
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Fork Stanchions rechrome or new.

#16 PostAuthor: Z1streetfighter71 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:39 pm

Gray17 wrote:I can sympathise, luckily in my case only had 1 set to worry about, yours look in similar state to mine, if anything slightly better as mine were really pitted and rusty in places, tried on a brass buffer wheel then fine wet and dry but just wouldnt have looked right, and the chromers said the same so in my case had bo choice, very rare are NOS parts available so have little choice but pattern parts.
All i can say is Zpower pattern parts tend to be excellent quality, plus as forum member you get discount too.
Another option may be to ship one set and see how they turn out before deciding on the others, if needed quickly then think pattern the way to go.
Just my thoughts

Looks like i might go with a mixture of both, i spy a good used OEM set in the states, 3 sets are for my own bikes one set is for a lad i know as a swap for some Z1r parts and the last is to sell on. Yea ill always go with Z-power. The trust element is worth it.

sean_rfi
Regular Poster

#17 PostAuthor: sean_rfi » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:51 pm

I think that it might be worth emailing these photos across to Philpot's and follow up with a phone call. He was really helpful when I spoke with him.
Perhaps he might do a deal if you've got three sets to to refurbish in one go.

relisysxx
100Club
100Club

#18 PostAuthor: relisysxx » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:32 am

I have had forks re-chromed by Philpot's and also bought some from Zpower and have had excellent results from both, I think you'll be happy whichever you choose (if you need them quick then go to Zpower).

Z1streetfighter71
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#19 PostAuthor: Z1streetfighter71 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:26 am

relisysxx wrote:I have had forks re-chromed by Philpot's and also bought some from Zpower and have had excellent results from both, I think you'll be happy whichever you choose (if you need them quick then go to Zpower).

Thanks mate, thats kinda what i was looking to hear, ill send one set off that i think will be re-chromeable one set of OEM that i have, ill hunt down another set of OEM in the future but 2 set will have to be aftermarket.

Return to “Bike Help”