Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1 Tank & Sidepanel badges

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Glen

Z1 Tank & Sidepanel badges

#1 PostAuthor: Glen » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:43 am

Z1 Tank & Sidepanel badges.

Z Power have quoted me over ?100 for all 4 badges, but I noticed in the club mag that I could buy these as pattern parts for a great deal less. Have any of you bought these pattern parts and if so can you recommend them. I am having Tank etc repainted to original by Toxic Crow and would like to do the paintwork justice.

Glen

z1apaul

#2 PostAuthor: z1apaul » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 pm

glen, i bought all pattern badges from z-power and they are great also just had a paintjob done by martin (toxic crow)and you wont be dissapointed
paul

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm not sure about the cheap badges in the magazine but I recall Jerry telling me they're not finished badges in the sense that they're exactly the same as originals - if you want a stock look you need the dear ones. I'm sure he'll elaborate if he sees this.

Jerry
President
President

#4 PostAuthor: Jerry » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:43 pm

The badges that the club does are the same physically as the originals, but are made out of the injection moulded plastic, same stuff as the club side panels, so they are black plastic, meaning your painter may be required to finish them in the original black,white and chrome. If I'm totally honest, I'd use them on a custom/modified bike, but if you are going down the standard route, it's probably best to cough up the dosh!

Glen

#5 PostAuthor: Glen » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks for the input.

The original badges are in very good condition, a couple of very light chips etc, although look a bit tired (they have been on the road for 32 years after all). Martin Holt of Toxic Crow is going to touch up the originals for a reasonable price, these I will use for my other Z which will be a modified bike.

"In for a penny, in for a pound". I will buy the new ones from Z power to go on the new paintwork. It will be interesting to see the comparison between the 2.

G

bunnysZ
Granny Magnet

#6 PostAuthor: bunnysZ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:49 pm

give z1 enterprises an email ...on links, to see how much theres are , pound/dollar rate is good and postage shouldnt be a lot

Return to “Bike Help”