Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

marzocchi's

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

anthony

marzocchi's

#1 PostAuthor: anthony » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:29 pm

I've had in the back of the shed a pair of Marzocchi shockers,unsure of the model but they are the ones with the piggy back gas can with the air valve on the top.Is it possible to overhaul with new seals etc and are the parts still available.I reckon with a coat of paint they shud look well smart.Any body got any ideas on stripping down without doing myself damage.....Thanks

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Anthony,
how ya doin?
I seem to remember Marzocchi shocks being notorious for leaking, even when re built.
Have you tried M and P? If they can't help, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

steve bowdler
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#3 PostAuthor: steve bowdler » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi anthony glad to hear from you I will pop into M&ps over the weekend and their sister shop Busters to find out for you ,let you know asap

anthony

#4 PostAuthor: anthony » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:09 pm

Thanks Chaps,I'll check out,I'm not sure if I can do anything with them but I reckon they'd look smart.Have asked around but don't seem to be having much joy so the search go's on......Cheers Steve,if a kwik call in at M&P is no hassle that'll be smart,how long did it take you too clean your bike after the Bucks.

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Rich » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:03 pm

Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

hanskloss
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: hanskloss » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:42 pm

easy job and as long as the rods are not pitted the shockers will be like new, I had mine pait stripped and polished and springs chromed, lots of work but they look great, here is a link for the repair manual for the air assisted Marzocchis: http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/marzocchi1.html
and here is one for the repair kit
http://www.marzocchi.co.uk/moto/850193-C.html

steve bowdler
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#7 PostAuthor: steve bowdler » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:31 pm

Anthony I got no joy from M&P little sprat behind the counter had never heard of these shocks.Bloody kids these days.Answer to your question about cleaning my bike after the Bucks rally, BLOODY WEEKS next time think I'll hire a transit.

Return to “Bike Help”