Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Brake light relay thang

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

Brake light relay thang

#1 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 am

Does anyone know of a source of the brake light warning relay switch fing under the tank or have a circuit diagram of what happens inside to praps make up an alternative? Tricky Micky has broken his and rather than take it out of circuit I wondered if any one had found a way of sorting them - it wasn't an age of high end electronics so it can't be that complicated :D
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:36 pm

The Thing is the outage relay,i thought it would be an easy circuit to replicate
but it is not, it should light the idiot light on braking and flash on lamp failure,i did get an electronics wiz to come up with a diagram but it involved a programable ic chip!.I modified my mates A4 with just a standard 12v relay from an auto spares store it lights lamp on braking but you lose the flashing feature,i found one in a job lot of z bits on ebay for my Z1b they seem to go for silly money if you can find one, up to £60 i saw one in the states!!!
Hope this helps Paulj....
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

bigmac103
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: bigmac103 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 pm

PJ is right, they go for big bucks on ebay. I was lucky I got one for just £15 including postage from the USofA. The outage relay fits more models than the Zedz. Mine was from a H2 so it's worth searching all models on ebay or just search by part number or name only. KAWASAKI 28019-001 OUTAGE INDICTOR H1 H2 Z1 Kz KH. Hope this helps?
Lost in the desert somewhere

Return to “Bike Help”