Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Denso spark plug probs

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#61 PostAuthor: Pigford » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:59 pm

My Denso Iridiums have been in 2000 miles.... no probs :wink:

I've always gone for static timing..... coz I can't afford a decent strobe :wink: But its fool proof... easier & common sense says its gotta be more accurate using a degree wheel and/or dial gauge :twisted:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#62 PostAuthor: Al » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:30 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I've always gone for static timing..... coz I can't afford a decent strobe Wink But its fool proof... easier & common sense says its gotta be more accurate using a degree wheel and/or dial gauge

You got any Rizlas Piggy i need to measure the exact point of opening of my points.

There is a time constant for sufficient voltage to build, required to 'fire' the plug. The constant is determined on inductance/resistance, and includes the entire circuit. Rather than a timing light, you could use a current transformer and read the voltage and current on a dual trace scope. As mentioned, you are looking for consistency across cylinders, noting the voltage levels required to commence current flow. Variations in voltage will translate via the time constant, into degree variation. A variation over the speed range could imply gap resistance, whereas a consistent, but different voltage level compared cyl to cyl could imply a circuit problem.

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm? ... 561&page=3

AL

cra-z1

#63 PostAuthor: cra-z1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:15 pm

Have about 3,000 on NGK Iridiums. 73 Z1 Also about 10,000 on the Venture using NGK iridiums

Return to “Bike Help”