Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Flaming of Newbies - everyone please read this.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Administrator
Site Admin

Flaming of Newbies - everyone please read this.

#1 PostAuthor: Administrator » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 am

If someone joins the forum and posts here requesting help would members please stop flaming them for posting here first instead of in New Here. Many people have joined the forum over the years to try to find solutions to problems with Zeds - not unreasonable as that's what we're here for - and were so pleased with the help they got that they subsequently went on to become fully paid up and valuable members of the club, and that is what has built this site up. Regular members may think that a bit of light hearted ribbing is a good way to greet new signups instead of answering their questions but I don't agree - there is no initiation ceremony required to join this forum, if someone wants to introduce themselves fair enough, if they don't they don't. If they want to get help give them help maybe they'll stay around and give help back. If not, not.

Flaming posts like this will be deleted from this section of the forum in future as OFF TOPIC.

Thank you.
Last edited by Administrator on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Valley of the Pissed the half cut man is King

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:55 am

apologies to any new posters i have offended, apologies to the club, i have become the worse offender for sure. didn't see it that way. :ooops
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

JD

#3 PostAuthor: JD » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

OH DEAR.....................MAKE ME GLAD I LOOKED THIS UP IN SOME WAY...................

nigel bessant
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Flaming Newbies

#4 PostAuthor: nigel bessant » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:08 pm

See, I read Flaming Newbies as an exclamation of distaste for us. A bit like when you want to say f*****g newbies but rather can't as it would be very un-PC. I understand the administrator needs to keep check on stuff said, however, a bit of banter can be uplifting in times like ours.
What was it that you said Mick? I'd be interested as my sense of humour is odd, very odd, veeeeery odd. I are a bit pants at this computer mularky so the chances of me finding the post is remote. I'm not even sure how to reply to posts. I tried to reply to the RE5 on ebay one and it ended up as a new post I think. I'd ask my 3 year old for computer help but she isn't speaking to me as I scribbled on her wall paper.
Feel free to give me pointers anyone. Flaming Newbies!!!!!
Nigel

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Nigel,
you have a pm, [private message].
Look in personal menu, PM.
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 PostAuthor: Administrator » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Flaming - please read amendment above...
In the Valley of the Pissed the half cut man is King

NorfolkrobA2
Regular Poster

Re: Flaming of Newbies - everyone please read this.

#7 PostAuthor: NorfolkrobA2 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:10 am

well said admin

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Flaming of Newbies - everyone please read this.

#8 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:55 am

Administrator wrote:If someone joins the forum and posts here requesting help would members please stop flaming them for posting here first instead of in New Here. Many people have joined the forum over the years to try to find solutions to problems with Zeds - not unreasonable as that's what we're here for - and were so pleased with the help they got that they subsequently went on to become fully paid up and valuable members of the club, and that is what has built this site up. Regular members may think that a bit of light hearted ribbing is a good way to greet new signups instead of answering their questions but I don't agree - there is no initiation ceremony required to join this forum, if someone wants to introduce themselves fair enough, if they don't they don't. If they want to get help give them help maybe they'll stay around and give help back. If not, not.
Flaming posts like this will be deleted from this section of the forum in future as OFF TOPIC.
Thank you.

Got to agree. The UK ZRX owners Club fell apart due to the clique nature of some of the long standing members and their behaviour to new members being generally unhelpful and unfriendly.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Return to “Bike Help”