Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Cheap Auxilliary fuel tank

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

ROZZER
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Cheap Auxilliary fuel tank

#1 PostAuthor: ROZZER » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:14 pm

A few lads have PM'd me for details of my cheap aux fuel tank for using when balancing carbs etc.
Ref to photos of my tank made from an old gear oil container, cut half of base away to use for filling, fix suitable wire or similar to allow suspending from ceiling/garage door etc, plastic tube is Araldited in place, tee piece from Zed Power (fuel tee for Zed9 carbs).
Been using this set up for at least 20 years on all sorts of bikes, Araldite still holding. Cheap as chips and does the job :D .
AKA John Roscoe. PUM #028
1975 Z1B, 1980 Yamaha 350LC

ROZZER
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Cheap Auxilliary fuel tank

#2 PostAuthor: ROZZER » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm

john_roscoe wrote:A few lads have PM'd me for details of my cheap aux fuel tank for using when balancing carbs etc.
Ref to photos of my tank made from an old gear oil container, cut half of base away to use for filling, fix suitable wire or similar to allow suspending from ceiling/garage door etc, plastic tube is Araldited in place, tee piece from Zed Power (fuel tee for Zed9 carbs).
Been using this set up for at least 20 years on all sorts of bikes, Araldite still holding. Cheap as chips and does the job :D .

Our kid (Z1B Alan) checking carbs he from GEZ635- Spot on mate thanks.
AKA John Roscoe. PUM #028
1975 Z1B, 1980 Yamaha 350LC

GEZ635
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: GEZ635 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Glad to have helped.

Gez
Gez

Return to “Bike Help”