Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Ace Cafe

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

Ace Cafe

#1 PostAuthor: paul doran » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:54 pm

okay Lil Hagrid has emailed me regarding the Ace Cafe this Sunday
is anyone willing to put their Zed's on the Kawasaki Stand
the bike's must be in good condition
Lil can you update this with more info please
way too many Zeds

Lil Hagrid

Bike display at the Ace

#2 PostAuthor: Lil Hagrid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:11 am

Hi ya All
Basically Kawasaki is having a Classic Kawasaki display at the Ace. As part or their display for Kawasaki day. I was asked if I would like to put my Z1 on the stand. They asked me if I knew of any other bikes? that where suitable to be shown so I wrote to Paul asking his advise?
I have emailed their contact 1st thing this morning to get more details.
Start time? (Bikes needed etc) Finish time ? Numbers?
The Bikes will be in their own cordoned off area I'm told, under a gazebo, so no sticky fingers with a bit of luck?

As soon as I have any more details I'll post em. Should be later today or early this evening as I have to go out for some of today.
Very Best Regards to all.
Lil Hagrid

Lil Hagrid

#3 PostAuthor: Lil Hagrid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi ya All
Just got this back from Kawasaki...................
:more :more :more :more

We expect the main focus of events to be between 11.00 and 3.00, although we will be set up for 10.00 and will break down at 4.00pm.

We have room for 6 bikes under cover, but they can be rotated during the day if more arrive. Also we don't want to be to rigid, we would be happy to move bikes in and out during the day so people can come and go as they wish. We'll have some Kawasaki polo shirts for 'exhibitors'.

Hope that helps :smile
See ya there, I'll be the short, fat, hairy one :wave
Regards, to All
Lil Hagrid

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#4 PostAuthor: Pigford » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:55 pm

I'll be happy to help, if I can get up early enough! Planning to be there by 11am :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

bedlow1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: bedlow1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:12 pm

maybe dogs bollox would display his minter if its under cover
Now where did I leave my Keys!
1972 Z1 Euro Spec
1975 Z1B UK Bike

MaineKZ
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: MaineKZ » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi Lil
I'm planning to head up there so I'm happy to display my US spec Z1B if needed. She's 'unrestored' so not a minter but pretty original. I was planning on getting there around 11 if that's any use? my mobile's 07771 613 688

bunnysZ
Granny Magnet

#7 PostAuthor: bunnysZ » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:50 pm

will be travelling up with mainekz on my kz1000 also not mint but willing to display at some time if needed ,we hope to be there about 11 ish

Surfdeneige
100Club
100Club

#8 PostAuthor: Surfdeneige » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Looks like a minter to me MaineKZ
A ken fit like!

Lil Hagrid

Wonderfull Thanks

#9 PostAuthor: Lil Hagrid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi ya Guys
Many Thanks for your replies so far. Must say..................... Lovely Bike MaineKZ, very very nice.

I'm sure all the offers of bikes will be gratefully received. I'll let Tim at Kawasaki know and hopefully if you can make it, see ya all there.

I'm very grateful for all your responses.
I don't think they are looking for totally mint bikes, just good examples of original bikes from that time.
I'm hoping to get there for about 9.45 -ish but as Tim (Kawasaki Customer Services) said they are more than happy to swap bikes around. He did give me his mobile number in his last mail to me, which he will give out to any one who displays there bike to make it easier for them to move their bike should they whish to leave at any time.
I didn't like to publish it on a forum, As I would never give personal info out about any one with out there express permission.

I must say I feel a little out of my depth with all this, as such a new member here. And I do hope I haven't trodden on any toes at all, It certainly wasn't my intention.
Which was why I contacted one of the area Reps in the first instance for advice. (Thank you Paul for your help, I am most grateful to you Sir)
I was asked originally if I would like to display my bike in passing, and could I suggest any one else? Naturally I thought of the members here, As Just about every bike here is beautiful.
I'm looking forward to Sunday immensely, so see ya there guys , just pray for a nice sunny dry day.
Very best Regards,
To all
Lil Hagrid

MaineKZ
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#10 PostAuthor: MaineKZ » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:20 am

Hi Lil
Please pass on my mobile number to Tim - if he needs to see the bike in earlier than 11 I'm good with that.
I understand your remarks about 'wading in' but I'm sure everyone's cool with what you're doing and will appreciate your taking time to put this together.
I reckon the stand'll be a nice platform for the older bikes. Hell, they deserve it I say!
See you there :up

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: Wonderfull Thanks

#11 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:34 am

Lil Hagrid wrote:I must say I feel a little out of my depth with all this, as such a new member here. And I do hope I haven't trodden on any toes at all, It certainly wasn't my intention.

Good work Lil this is what the forum's for. Make sure some takes pictures for the magazine and on here.

chrisu

#12 PostAuthor: chrisu » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:29 pm

I'm planning on taking my DSLR and will be taking lots of photos on the day. Let me know who to send them to - will probably have to be on a CD as the images files are huge even in jpg format.

Lil Hagrid

#13 PostAuthor: Lil Hagrid » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi ya
This is an update from Tim
If any one is planning on being there on Sunday and would like Tims number to display their bike. P-Msg me and I'll gladly pass it on.
Best regards
Lil Hagrid

Morning Richard
We understand that people are giving their time voluntairily, so we don't want to be to strict about anything. Anyone who wants to bring their bike at anytime for as long as they are willing to display it, will be great. If anyone wants to take my number for assistance on arrival or anytime during the day, that's fine by me.

See you Sunday.

Return to “Meetings & Events”