Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Classic Bike Trackdays Calendar 2013

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#16 PostAuthor: Al » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Anyone had their regs yet or is it just me that hasn't?

AL
1981 J1

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Nope! I Would not expect them till much much nearer the event they may even just be downloadable from the web site.

Keep calm and keep building!! :lol:

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: Al » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks Phil never thought to look but there they are on the site.
http://www.classicbiketrackdays.com/mallory.shtml

Keep calm and keep building!! Laughing

Dont know whether to eat, sh1t or be merry as i cant get my cylinder head back from the eng. company that has it for repair.
So i thought i would fret about something else instead like dB or accommodation etc.
:roll:

AL
1981 J1

marlin
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#19 PostAuthor: marlin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 pm

there usually ready about 2 weeks before the events in downloadable form , cheers marlin

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#20 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 pm

zorded wrote:Anyone had their regs yet or is it just me that hasn't?

AL

Don't worry zorded, we haven't singled you out! :wink:

Marlin's right - I'll send out a PDF to you a couple of weeks before via email so plenty of time yet.

Cheers,

Darin

brian 1100
100Club
100Club

Cadwell

#21 PostAuthor: brian 1100 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Well I've booked for the weekend.
Whether I'll turn up is another matter.
Should have been at Donington last year but my 1100R gets very homesick and breaks down whenever it gets a few miles from the house.
Very frustrating year. Probably only did about 200 miles on it.
Even dropped the newly painted tank whilst working on it and had to have it resprayed again.
I think I may have sorted it, but waiting for some good weather to give it a long run.
I'll be camping the weekend.

Brian

marlin
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#22 PostAuthor: marlin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 pm

to brian , come over for a brew , will be a good weekend , cheers marlin

rc30rob
Regular Poster

#23 PostAuthor: rc30rob » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 am

Evening Folks,well its good to see there is some chat already about what we have on this year.
For Cadwell we were going to suggest to you all that are not going out on track to just come and spectate,perhaps the club would like to put on a display and use the weekend as a social(best ask Jerry if you are all allowed out to play) we will be asking other clubs to attend as we really want some of these days to be more about us getting together and having a beer,chat and grub so as with Cadwell we have a band on saturday night,club house will be serving beer and food(it had better be we are not monks you know,mind you monks brew buckfast fortified wine don't they,ahhhh those were the days).
Anyway the rules for alcohol are only about riders on track in the day,i mean i know we shouldn't have to say but hey you can bet there is one loon out there that may think its ok.
I may even have a potter out on the 11r myself :twisted:.

As for donny,boys we really tried to get a friday noisy day,the problem is
If we have a noisy friday the track has to then have a quiet weekend so they cant have racing there that weekend,98db is the limit for a quiet one.we also have to consider you all having a weekday off from work,you will probably loose two days buy the time you have traveled loaded/unloaded the van etc and we just try to consider what you lot can manage which then comes down to cost,are you sat down,20k plus vat for a wednesday in the summer,thats a lot of bums on seats,well its 24k in total and at the end of the day we are all working blokes so its a pricey day out from work.
This is why we struck a deal for the spa jaunt and garage,getting places reserved for spa is impossible as is getting a garage,well we have done both,its just something different and will give folks a chance to take part in this unbelievable event but places are very limited.
But first is mallory,great track,where i first did a trackday and its ace,Trevor nation is coming out for a blast with us at mallory so you can even get to have a spin on track with him as he just loves riding the bikes.
Cheers Rob
Nolite id ,cogere ,cape malleum majorem

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#24 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:03 am

Rob,

I like the sound of a weekend jolly at Cadwell.:beer 3/4th August will be the weekend after Ralphy's SW Rally, so hopefully we will still be alive.

Just a couple of questions; What are the camping facilities like & how much will admission for viewing & camping likely to cost?

If the club had a display area, would it be undercover or out in the open air?

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D
Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

Cadwell

#25 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 am

Steve as far as I know there are no facilities at Cadwell for an inside display area, (I have been there a lot) if we were to do a club thing it be outdoor.

There are already a few of us going perhaps we just need to co-ordinate where we all set up!

rc30rob
Regular Poster

#26 PostAuthor: rc30rob » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Afternoon Steve,
camping there is not to bad,reasonable showers,loos,clubhouse will be open on saturday and possibly friday night.
There is no undercover there so i guess a gazebo would be a good idea for the bikes and your selves,now come on this is England in august,rain,undercover are you mad sir,we will be blessed my son with sun :wink:
Admission for camping on friday is 10 quid per person(cadwell charges not ours),sat evening camping is a measly £5 per person(cadwells charge not ours)but we have got it halved.
If you want to just watch for the day it is FREE,really its only the camping you pay for.
Cheers Rob
Nolite id ,cogere ,cape malleum majorem

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#27 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks for the info Rob,

That all sounds quite reasonable.... Could be a date for my diary. :sou

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D

Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

Robw
ZedHead
ZedHead

#28 PostAuthor: Robw » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Accommodation booked at the hotel outside the gate, can't be bothered camping due to being ill over the last few days.
Rob
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer, gpz1100b1

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#29 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi all,

A quick heads-up that the PS day on Saturday 3rd August is almost full, so if you're planning to ride on this day please book 'now'!

And more news hot off the proverbial press . . . .

Ben ('Classic Bike' magazine Ed) has given the thumbs up to extend the cut-off date for Sunday's Burn-Up to 1995 - the same as the PS trackday on Saturday. I know that doesn't affect the Zs (!) but if you're pedalling something a little later you'll now be able to do both days :)

And finally . . . . Classic Bike Parades!

For anyone not doing the trackdays and just coming along to chill out and enjoy watching the bikes, there's now the chance to get in a couple of laps if you fancy seeing what it's like on track, as we'll be running a parade on both days.

It's going to be FREE! too, but there are a few simple rules & regs in the name of safety;
1. All bikes are welcome (including m*peds capable of 40+ mph!) upto a maximum of 60 bikes
2. The parade will start at 1pm and include 2 laps of the circuit at 40-50mph behind an instructor
3. Riders will need to wear full leathers, gloves and helmets
4. No pillions are allowed!
5. Riders will need to sign in on the day, so the timetable will be;

11:00 - Parade Registration (riders will receive a wristband to show they've signed an indemnity)
11:30 - Parade Briefing (to explain the basics; follow the instructor, no overtaking, maintain the speed, ie: no dropping back and then a blat up to the bikes in front!)
12:45 - Assemble in the usual assembly area
13:00 - Instructor to lead parade for 2 laps and then return to the paddock

REALLY looking forward to it now - gonna be a cracking weekend!! :D

Robw
ZedHead
ZedHead

#30 PostAuthor: Robw » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Both days booked now
Rob
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer, gpz1100b1

Return to “Meetings & Events”