Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

RYB 4th Nov at Smeatharpe near Honiton

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

jam

RYB 4th Nov at Smeatharpe near Honiton

#1 PostAuthor: jam » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:42 pm

There's a new RYB drag meeting on Sunday 4th Nov at Smeatherpe near Honiton. Gates open at 09.00hrs racing starts at 11.00hrs until 17.00hrs. It's a fiver to get in and 20 quid to race. The racing is over 1/8th mile at the moment but there's 10 meets booked next year and they're gonna try and get it to the full 1/4 mile. It's open for bikes and cars and you'll need your driving licence and leather jacket gloves and lid, jeans are ok. there's trophies for best bike time and best Kwak,Suzook etc and best burnout. I'll have the dyno up there if you want to see what your bike's runnning like. There is a website but I can't remember it but if you google Sunday street wars it'll take you to the site.
The local plod were out in the area last time speed trapping and checking peoples tyres on the way home, so take it steady through the surrounding villages.
The event is very well run and could do with all the support it can get, as it's just the thing we need in the area, and hopefully with the events next year it will grow bigger and better.
So get the old dinosuars out of the shed and give 'em a good blast. I'm gonna take the MadCow up with me and my Gixxer, and see what they'll do.

see ya there :D

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#2 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:51 pm

Jam thats Smeatharpe by the way (for those who want to Autoroute it) :wink:
Gonna try to get down for that mate :twisted: Never done a RWYB, but keen to have a go :!: If its wet, won't bother tho :oops:

http://www.streetnights.com/directions.php
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

jam

#3 PostAuthor: jam » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:30 pm

Nice one Pigford, I hope to see you there

jam

#4 PostAuthor: jam » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:00 pm

So is anyone going on sunday? if you are going come and say hello, I'll be in the dyno truck, although I'm hoping to run my gixxer 750K5 'fighter on the strip as well. If I can get it ready in time I'll hopefully run the MadCow up there as well.

jam

#5 PostAuthor: jam » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Come on then don't be shy. Who's going on Sunday then? The weather's looking good for the weekend.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#6 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:16 pm

Jam, ME & hopefully a few of me mates :!:

Would of hoped to see some South West chaps turning up, especially as its only a fiver to get in :wink:

See you around 10am :lol:

Jumbo
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: Jumbo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Pigford

Would love to go being a SW Chap but up to me ears doing packing since I am moving out of our house on Monday.

Also to complicate matters even more since I work out of the country my Kawasaki Collection is now in a 20ft Shipping Container being stored.

Enjoy the day :lol:
LE to JOG on a z900

P.U.M.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#8 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Just back from the RWYB event.
Great fun, did a handful of runs (not a VIRGIN anymore :wink: ) and really enjoyed it :!:
It was only 1/8 mile, but was long enough for me, thankyou :lol:
Best run was 7.71 secs - 93.4 mph :twisted:
probably won't get me in the Guiness Book of Records, but hey :more it was good.
Jam was there in his mobile DYNO, and Noel McG turned up on his HARRIS.
Great event, loads of entry's and at ?5 to get in & only ?20 for unlimited runs, top value.
I could have had probably 30 odd runs if I wanted, but thought 4 was enough for the old Zed :oops: and me :!:

jam

#9 PostAuthor: jam » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Yes a good day, the weather was fantastic, more like June than November. A pretty good mix of machinery.
I found time to run a couple of times on the Gixxer, my first time on trck as well, best time was a 7.8, but I was having to launch in second gear as first gear causes the bike to stand up and try dumping me on me arse.
One chap came a cropper after wheelying the length of the track on his Gixxer and not giving himself enough room to slow down. Resulting in a battered bike and a trip in the ambulance, reports suggest a busted collar bone and some cracked ribs, but it did put a halt to the racing for the best part of an hour whilst the debris was cleared up.
For me the bike of the day was a 600 Bandit with a proper twin screw supercharger with an old SU carb and nitrous oxide, running on BioEthanol. This surprising little number was producing 132BHP at the wheel, with a shot of Nitrous sending it up to 174BHP at the wheel!!!!! from a 600 motor that was otherwise standard.
There's a further ten events booked for next year at Smeatharpe, and some extra dates at Portreath to be announced over the winter, so hopefully I'll see some more of you guys down there. It was good to meet up with Pigford and Noel again.

Ed Z1-R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: Ed Z1-R » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Well done Piglet :lol:

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#11 PostAuthor: Pigford » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 pm

For anyone interested in RWYB down Sowff next year, heres a few more photos from this meeting!
http://www.southwestcruisin.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=22885
Theres even anuvver picky of me against me new mate, Nick on his FJ 1200+ engined Zed :twisted:

Return to “Meetings & Events”