Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

south south west meet up once a month

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

south south west meet up once a month

#1 PostAuthor: mick znone » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:40 am

............UNOFFICIAL.........not trying to tread on toes, I try to get up to Callington the first sunday of the month to the classic bike meet up, all sorts of vintage bikes turn up. I go up on the Armstrong (dry days) and meet a few other Armstrong owners, be good to say hello to a few z1oc members too.

http://louistearooms.weebly.com/#_=_
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Mark Tiller
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#2 PostAuthor: Mark Tiller » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Good luck with this :D

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: mick znone » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:08 pm

ive just noticed a few Devon and Cornwall owners joining the z1oc lately and thought it would be good to let them know there is a good classic bike meet up on the Devon border once a month, meet ups are thin on the ground this far down.
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

ted1r
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#4 PostAuthor: ted1r » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Behind you on this Mick good luck.

Ted

will try to make at least one ,promise
"Work this is why I did it"

KE250
KZ1200
Puch Maxi
Be careful with Pensions :e
and me ol Granada

Jumbo
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: Jumbo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Good Idea Mick, I was not even aware this was going on.
LE to JOG on a z900

P.U.M.

jules
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: jules » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Yep good idea Mick. Please tell us know if/when you are going.
P.U.M
'78 z1000a2,'83 1000r,'76 Z900a4,07 gsxr1000k6,'01 bj250,'03 husky 450,'83 Z1170r Lawson.

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: mick znone » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:59 pm

excellent stuff guys, pleased with all the replies. As it turns out i think this sunday looks a complete washout :roll: the sw :lol: and this usually means a poor turnout of bikes, so i will bump this thread up at the end of jan ready for 7th feb which will be the next meeting. The first sunday of every month has the meeting and the car park is always full when i get there at around 11am, lots of the usual full English breakfasts, roast dinners etc are eaten along with a few gallons of tea and coffee and usually one hot chocolate with marshmallows (yes, me). I may still go up this sunday depending on last minute weather checks but as all the local people will know its pretty horrible out there just now.
thanks again for the positive comments and interest, just to reiterate, this is just a casual meet up idea and in no way is meant to upset our SW rep who does a sterling job from what i can see.

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Good idea will try and make one. :D
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

bigrocketrider
Regular Poster

#9 PostAuthor: bigrocketrider » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:34 pm

I would certainly be up for this when the weather picks up - probably April at this rate. I have attended some classic meets in the area but, as you say, they are few and far between.

dks
new poster

#10 PostAuthor: dks » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 am

Sounds good Mick im in Newquay so could meet up on the way sowhere weather cpermitting of course !

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: mick znone » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:02 am

excellent stuff dks, i like that idea, i will be on an old ex army mt500 though, so i hope you don't mind lowering your zed self and riding with me :D i am a zedless zed nut :wink: i will endeavour to make for the first Sunday of February as long as its not bucketing it down and lets face it we've got most of the earth's waters in our rivers, drains and gardens already SURELY :storm obviously, i understand those that have the restored/super clean zeds will only be interested come spring time :bow

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#12 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm starting to feel guilty - I haven't done any meets for ages :lol: Don't suppose you fancy being SW rep :lol:

Joking aside there's no reason you couldn't be the Cornish rep; I'm in no position to cater for those down in deepest darkest Cornwall, where rumoured the bar maids eat their young :twisted: It would be nice if you put on a Cornish rally. It can give you some pointers if you wanted to. Can't have too many Z1OC rallies IMHO :D Hobbo's is end of June, ours is end of July - how about end of May?
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

bigrocketrider
Regular Poster

#13 PostAuthor: bigrocketrider » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:27 pm

19 June is the Crofthandy (Nr Redruth) Classic and custom Bike Show (which I run). Over 180 on display last year and we only have it if its good weather as it takes place in the village Hall grounds. For that reason, date may change. Make a date in your diary Cornish bikers. This is a big show - not some two bit village gathering.

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#14 PostAuthor: mick znone » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 am

definitely not my intention to tread on toes vduk, glad of the smiley emoticon here. not my intention to organise anything really, just seemed to be a lot of Cornwall and Devon members joining up and Callington is a middle ground for a meet up, a brew and an all day breakfast for the cholesterol kings among us perhaps. :lol:

bigrocketrider
Regular Poster

#15 PostAuthor: bigrocketrider » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:42 am

Breakfast .......now we're talking. I'll willingly travel anywhere if there is a good breakfast at the end of it. :D

Return to “Meetings & Events”