Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Real Ale rally !

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

Real Ale rally !

#1 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:32 pm

I live in a little village in south Cheshire (northern monkey territory) called Aston. I fuggin' love it as it has the best real ale pub in Britain (The Bhurtpore Inn) just 110yds from my house. Every year in July, the owner/landlord Simon, puts a 7-day beer festival on, and if the weather's good, life doesn't get better.
He also owns a huge flat field behind the massive beer garden, which overlooks the Welsh mountains - He opens this up for free camping during the beer week, the atmosphere is brill' to say the least. Simon also loves preparing and cooking a wide range of sphincter twitching curries, what can only be described as "chillitastic". They certainly show you what your arse is really for :ghostface
Check out the link, it'll blow yer mind. :shock: http://www.bhurtpore.co.uk/index.htm
During the other 51 weeks of the year, there are always at least 12 real ales on draught, about 150 belgian/trappist ales, 25 ciders, 110 whisky's, etc.....
To get to the point..... I could perhaps put a couple o' people up, and provide chilli/curry at my place for say 16 people or so one night.... Unfortunately the pub field is NOT a campsite and therefore doesn't have bogs during the early hours of the morning etc.
If anyone's interested, let me know, it'll probably be around 14th - 27th July, and I'm thinking of providing a bit of entertainment for say a Saturday.
Just a thought...... Will
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

#2 PostAuthor: davejames » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Sounds like a great idea Will, just down the road for me, so another bonus :D :D

Like the Bhurtpore website too :D :D

Handy for a run to the Ponderosa at Llangollen and local for meeting up at Whitchurch truckstop :D :D
Feng shui................my arse

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:08 am

davejames wrote:Handy for a run to the Ponderosa at Llangollen and local for meeting up at Whitchurch truckstop :D :D

I'll let you know as soon as I've got the bike registered and we'll meet up for a run out sometime. :up
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#4 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:03 pm

the best ale
no such thing you lot only drink pisswater
now a drop of cider mmmmmmmmmmmmm nice :lol: :lol:
way too many Zeds

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:35 pm

paul doran wrote:the best ale
no such thing you lot only drink pisswater
now a drop of cider mmmmmmmmmmmmm nice :lol: :lol:

Now now Pauly..... you know you can't beat a good old pint of 'Witches Tit' ! :pist

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#6 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:41 pm

CAMRA :hoo
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#7 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Bulmer's is best and no mistake
way too many Zeds

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

#8 PostAuthor: davejames » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:14 am

Big Fluff wrote:
davejames wrote:Handy for a run to the Ponderosa at Llangollen and local for meeting up at Whitchurch truckstop :D :D

I'll let you know as soon as I've got the bike registered and we'll meet up for a run out sometime. :up

Nice one Will, just get rid of all this salt and shite off the roads and I'll be ready to go :D :D
Feng shui................my arse

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:06 am

paul doran wrote:Bulmer's is best and no mistake

Bulmers.....? That's commercial faggot ale that is. If you want decent real cider then try Stowfords Press or Cheddar Valley.
And don't even mutter the dreaded word Ma***rs, you'd get thrown out of our pub if you asked for that kind of piss :shock:

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm

I have a liking for "Old Rosie" cloudy scrumpy made by Westons. They are based in Much Marcle, [Fred Wests birthplace :shock: ] in Herefordshire.
You can buy all their products in their factory shop. Not sure which one you would like? No problem, you can sample everything they make :D :D :D
www.westons-cider.co.uk
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#11 PostAuthor: paul doran » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Bulmer's is a real Cider unlike that sweet rubbish you lot produce and indecently call Cider :lol: :lol: :lol:
way too many Zeds

graham peters
Regular Poster

#12 PostAuthor: graham peters » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:30 pm

:boom well as a ex northerner and living in Suffolk wear the beers er is a bit pissy sound great real ale up north, also get some of that Chimey trappist monks beer down yer head from Belgium i got some free when i raced a Triumph 750 triple at a classic meeting years ago. say when and i'll come up for the weekend and stay with mates. cheers graham.

Return to “Meetings & Events”