Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

VJMC Bhurtpore Show 2017 - This Sunday Aug 6th

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Andrew_s
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: VJMC Bhurtpore Show 2017 - This Sunday Aug 6th

#31 PostAuthor: Andrew_s » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:56 am

Some stunning bikes there, but like everyone else I'm a bit surprised a HD won Best In Show at a VJMC event - are the entry rules and scoring criteria published?
Current Bikes:
Phil Churchett's 1976 Z900 A4: PRE 2R https://www.flickr.com/photos/115740825@N05/albums/72157680116996884
1973 XL250 K0 Motosport: UKX 73L
2023 R1250 GSA
Previous Zeds: Z750B1 Twin, Z650B1, Z750E

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#32 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 pm

I was utterly gobsmacked at the best in show decision.
I just hope that a change of judge for next year helps if that's what is decided, but it's not down to me to make that happen.
I just hope it doesn't put people off coming next year.
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

KwackerNut
100Club
100Club

#33 PostAuthor: KwackerNut » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi
My first post on this site for quite a long time, Work, lack of time etc etc etc The usual excuses !!!

For those of you who do not know me, I'm the organiser of the Bhurtpore Show, Jim is the name and Kwackers are my game.

First off, I would like to thank all the positive responses regarding the show, it does take a lot of organising, and if it wasn't for Sections like ours putting themselves out and trying to enhance the biking world, life would be a poorer place.
My thanks to Will who as always put a lot of time and effort into the show, and all the members who Marshalled, Sold tickets, Took pictures, Chased their tail, Registered and generally mucked in to make this the great event it was, and always will be.

Secondly, and in an attempt to quell the disharmony that appears to have been caused by a certain decision, we asked Harry to perform the task of Judge to provide an independent review of the bikes on show. We could have performed this task ourselves, but as I would be the arbiter in such a decision, 13 Kawasakis winning a prize (Out of 13 prizes available), may have been met with some resistance also (Apart from the good people of this forum).
I did question Harry on his choice of winner, but he was adamant on his choice. Now, I could have insisted that a tractor didn't win, but thrusting myself into the decision making process hardly seemed appropriate. In hindsight, maybe I should have, but you all come to this show with a view to being judged fairly, so I declined tampering with the result.

Whatever you think of the winners, I hope you all agree that it was a great event, lots of JAPANESE eye candy, 413 bikes to look at, and £1070 raised for Macmillan.
We will listen to the comments made in this forum and ensure that you are not disappointed at next years event. I just hope I can depend on your continued support.

Best regards

Jim Bean
Coordinator
South Cheshire Section
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
Far away across the field,
The tolling of the iron bell,
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Return to “Meetings & Events”