Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Nottingham - Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

ChrisB
100Club
100Club

Nottingham - Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

#1 PostAuthor: ChrisB » Fri May 21, 2021 9:58 am

Morning all.
I wondered if anyone is doing the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride this Sunday 23rd May?

For those who aren't aware, there are rides pretty much everywhere on the day, both around the UK and globally, raising money and awareness for Prostate Cancer and Mens Mental Health charities.
I'll be doing the Nottingham loop, starting at Pidcock Triumph in Long Eaton at 10:00am and taking in various sites including Wollaton Hall, Nottingham Castle, Nottingham Racecourse and several South Nottm villages.

https://gfolk.me/ChrisBurgess410703

I'll be out (probably in the rain!) on my Z1B replica Z1000. Be good to bump into any local members, but for those of you who may want to support the charity i've put my just giving link here.

Chris Burgess

ChrisB
100Club
100Club

Re: Nottingham - Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

#2 PostAuthor: ChrisB » Fri May 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Thanks Steve. You're a gent!

steve452
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: steve452 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:24 pm

A pleasure mate. Hope it all went well. Don't forget to post some pics.
Z1-B, 400bhp ZX1000NGF

90% of questions that begin "Why..." can be answered with "Because people are stupid."

ChrisB
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: ChrisB » Tue May 25, 2021 8:40 am

The DGR ride went really well. My photo taking skills have let me down though sadly.
There were around 25 bikes out with us, virtually all the riders had made a great effort with tweed suits, ties, even waxed moustaches on a few!
We started off at Long Eaton Triumph with about ten riders, first stop was Wollaton Hall where we met another twenty or so. From there we rode to Nottingham Castle, The Racecourse and from there, some went on a tour of the south nottm villages, some went to Gunthorpe.
Nearly all the bikes were either classics or modified. Would be a great thing to organise regional rides next year to get the Zed community together.
Check out the DGR website for general photos/videos as they get uploaded. The total raised worldwide is approaching 4M AU$.

Return to “Meetings & Events”