Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Ace Cafe etc

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

Ace Cafe etc

#1 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:49 pm

When I first joined Z1OC this was the first big meet of the year and folk travelled serious miles from all over the country to come together, eat bacon and fat and talk bollocks. The weather has been shite in recent years and the Kung Flu didn’t help. I did mention it on our Face Book page, but there hasn’t been a great deal of response. As a club we don’t seem to gather these wonderful machines together so much nowadays. Getting rally venues seems to be a massive problem with very few venues offering what we need. I’d like to get more Zeds together again, maybe later the year when the weather’s better? Thoughts?
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

bedlow1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Ace Cafe etc

#2 PostAuthor: bedlow1 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:20 pm

hi ralph
agree weathers always rubbish in April and also most members are getting older and the bikes more valuable in some cases .
Im mid sixties now but back in the day, used to go to the famous suffolk rallies, bucks rallys, as well as day trips to ace cafe, box hill, high beach etc. been to 2 german rallies but chickend out riding and flew over and hired a car! :D but hardly do any pleasure riding these days
Now where did I leave my Keys!
1972 Z1 Euro Spec
1975 Z1B UK Bike

Kev1R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Ace Cafe etc

#3 PostAuthor: Kev1R » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:24 pm

Although I still do pleasure riding I largely agree with Bedlow
I remember going to meetings in Cheshire some years ago which was well attended and used to have a Midlands regular monthly venue which had a flexibility that suited being able to dip in and out of depending on weather or other family commitments.
That is the ideal for me because anyone who thinks that retirement brings more spare time to do what you want is in for a shock!

Return to “Meetings & Events”