Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Race on! see you at the track

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

debben1
100Club
100Club

#46 PostAuthor: debben1 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:16 am

Use the Pro tree, this is what is normally used at Santa pod, .4 is very good, any quicker is more down to anticipating the lights than fast reactions

Ed Z1-R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#47 PostAuthor: Ed Z1-R » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Yo Padders cant blame ya
:angry: we have insurance for virtually everything :ghostface:

Steve thats kickin bit confused but givin it a whirl.

H E L L :angry: me thinks whats it like for real?Any days for novices :laugh:

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#48 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Steve, giving away all your secrets now mate! :;):
How about full engine spec on your Zed?
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#49 PostAuthor: Rich » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:58 pm

PADDERS wrote:The Dyna 2000 turned up this week. Not saying I'am chicken but I just wanted the rev limiter as a bit of insurance for the engine in case of a missed gear.

Roll on May.

Padders

Revlimiters save valves, I have one on the H just for that occasion and they sound great when you run it up to the limit, :D
Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#50 PostAuthor: Padders » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:40 pm

Piece of mind Rich, if I did not fit it I would be worrying all the time on the strip. I want to be able to let rip without the worry of how to get home.
PUM 13

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#51 PostAuthor: Rich » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:19 am

If you can't let rip without worrying about the results you've even done something wrong or had a bad curry:D
Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

alan bauly
Regular Poster

#52 PostAuthor: alan bauly » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:00 pm

debben1 wrote:If Alan B. reads this, time to stop talking about it, get on and get it ready to race, its much more fun racing tan watching, :D Steve
Cheeky.If i'm not working that weekend i'll bring the old girl along.But at only 16 mpg i'll have to bring a tanker with me!

debben1
100Club
100Club

#53 PostAuthor: debben1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:57 pm

Hello Alan, glad you could join us, dont worry about the fuel economy as most drag strips are only quarter of a mile long :lol: :lol: if a gallon lasts 16 miles that should give you 64 runs down the track :o Would be great to see you there, Steve

AndyZ1R
100Club
100Club

#54 PostAuthor: AndyZ1R » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:01 am

Hello Steve,

I notice the date for Santa Pod is the Redline magazine car weekend, just a bit concerned it`s gonna be full of max power chavs and fuckwits in there blinged up Novas! On the plus side there may be some tasty bints there with very little clothes on. :lol:

chrisNI
Site Admin

#55 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:56 pm

AndyZ1R wrote:Hello Steve,

On the plus side there may be some tasty bints there with very little clothes on. :lol:

Another magazine cover Andy...?

debben1
100Club
100Club

#56 PostAuthor: debben1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Hello Andy, The other benefit of sharing a scheduled event is we can be sure of the other attractions such as food vans, spectators, entertainment, stalls ect, If only 4 of 5 from this forum turn up on a regular rung what you brung there may be a ghost town feel to the event, but if we get a good responnse at the first event maybe we could arrange a full on event organised with the event managers for the future, a kind of max Z day. Steve

AndyZ1R
100Club
100Club

#57 PostAuthor: AndyZ1R » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:43 pm

Fair point Steve, it`s just that if not many bikes turn up i`d rather be watching muscle cars and drag cars/bikes than a load of old Novas and Clios etc. Mind you the last RWYB i went to it was mostly Max Power crap that was there anyway, so like you say it will be the same but with more stuff to keep people entertained and fed.
If this is a success,or for people who don`t make it, i think another day to aim for would be the Retro Show day on Sat 7th July. This is RWYB catering for cars and bikes plus a show that would appeal to hopefully most of us on here, i`m sure a load of old Zeds turning up would get a lot of attention, and show them they can still be quite quick on the track! (hopefully :) )
By the way did you do much to your bike over the winter? How did you get on with your new ignition set up? I still have oil pressure issues, so i`ll put a plea in the help section for that again, so any advice would be much appreciated!

AndyZ1R
100Club
100Club

#58 PostAuthor: AndyZ1R » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:49 pm

Thought i`d bring this to the top again, are people still up for it? Time is flying by and it will soon be May, my bike needs sorting but i`m still hoping to be there. don`t let it just end up being me and Steve.

AndyZ1R
100Club
100Club

#59 PostAuthor: AndyZ1R » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Just you and me then Steve............... :lol:

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#60 PostAuthor: Padders » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:00 pm

I'll be there on the Z1R standard but for a Vance and Hines and fork brace. Nice to see what she can do before the strip down and tune up this winter coming.

padders :D

Return to “Meetings & Events”