Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Aztec's ST1000/1105 Special

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

Aztec's ST1000/1105 Special

#1 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Currently, this is my top image of the ST, capturing some great light effects perfectly.

Looking real good, polished up a treat last Sunday. Confirms to me that this bike has never been exposed to the elements since it's 'incarnation' in 2010/11. The paint finish is exceptionally good, all professionally done, but let down by many chips here and there, possibly through bad storage in it's previous ownership. I do like this bike a lot and I'm in two minds on keeping it or passing it on.

To love or loathe this 'face', I'm not sure myself these days having lived with this for over 5 months now. I have taken note of the opinions and comments here and elsewhere. Looking ahead, I have three options to try out: a good used ST Headlight, plus the 'ears' to suit, a new black RD250LC copy unit and a pair of n.o.s chrome twin spot Streetfighter types. This will be the next 'move' and will cost nothing more than a little time and trialling.
Original clocks or suitable alternatives could be an idea I'd consider, but the price these parts are fetching is putting me off...
    [list=]
[/list]
Last edited by Aztec Warrior on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#2 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:35 am

TBH, I quite like seeing this MAD & BAD beasty of a bike :twisted:

It's great a bike does cause so much comment (good & bad) .... I'd be a dull world if we all had bog-standard machines :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Redbeard
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Redbeard » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:28 am

Agreed, keep it mate and do the odd job to it over time. Its a runner so use it and enjoy it. Summer is only round the corner. :wink:
1979 Z1000ST

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 am

maybe if you changed the er :lol:

nice pictures, i agree with these guys, its nice to see something a touch different, i wonder if in 5 or so years time there will people a few streetfighter/predators around. us old boys are well known for catching on to the newest idea's a few years after they appear. me especially, its usually cheaper after all the hub bub has died down.
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:19 pm

[quote="mick z1a"]maybe if you changed the er :lol:

Indeed Mick? And the comments from Pigford, and Redbeard too are encouraging.
As mentioned, the 'face' stays at least until annual nervous breakdown time (m.o.t.?) in early October. I'm pretty sure it wasn't tested in Wales with this unit in place. Would of been a 'daylight only' ticket issued going by the previous m.o.t history I hold here. Seller must have put a traditional headlight on just for the test.
Out of interest, what else could that 'face' be fitted too, knowing that the l.e.d spotlights are, probably, not legit. It's an odd unit with very few, if any, in www land. Nearest matches are those with proper size twin spot units underneath. Whatever, it will know doubt have to go in October.

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Redbeard wrote:Agreed, keep it mate and do the odd job to it over time. Its a runner so use it and enjoy it. Summer is only round the corner. :wink:

You could be right, although today is a washout here in Kent, day one of BST...?

Z1parR
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: Z1parR » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Tone the gold down Al and put a round headlight on and it's a beauty .
It's rained on and off all day up here too .
0172 . Geoff Parr

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#8 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Just get annuver Daytime MOT - cover lights & switch... sorted :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:07 pm

[quote="Z1parR"]Tone the gold down Al and put a round headlight on and it's a beauty .

I shall put my creative head on and see what comes up...

Vendetta761
100Club
100Club

#10 PostAuthor: Vendetta761 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

I saw it up for sale at Kempton Park last week didn't I ? There cannot be another i saw it and looked for you but was selling Z and Guzzi bits in Hall 2 so did not get out much to look.
Glad you are keeping it, I have no doubt it will continue to evolve over time like all aliens do, at least it is another ST on the road and that can only be a good thing!
Z1000 ST x 3 ( now sold , 0 at mo :sad ) , Moto Guzzi Le Mans , Moto Guzzi G5 special ,V11 special, Ducati Scrambler.

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#11 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:39 pm

[quote="Vendetta761"]I saw it up for sale at Kempton Park last week didn't I ? There cannot be another i saw it and looked for you but was selling Z and Guzzi bits in Hall 2 so did not get out much to look.

Small world?
I was too engrossed in rummaging to get back, but no interest shown on the day anyhow.
Don't know how I missed your Z parts, and didn't spot anything else Z wise. And only two other Z's there, both Zephyr 550's, outside for sale. One, the younger one, was a wreck compared to the older one, which was nearly mint for £1k
Could not be bothered with a rain swept Ardingly today.
I may convince myself soon that keeping this ST is not such a bad idea afterall....

Aztec Warrior
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: Aztec Warrior » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:25 pm

[quote="Pigford"]TBH, I quite like seeing this MAD & BAD beasty of a bike :twisted:

I can now see exactly where the last owner, of some 8 years from 2007, got his inspiration from. I've posted elsewhere an old v new comparison front end picture, but this short review of the modern Z1000, has striking similarities to the Alien meets Predator theme!
If I ever manage to find a 'new' Z1000, to park next to somewhere, it will be guaranteed to turn heads I'm sure.....😈

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-use ... 22616.html

Return to “Show us Yours”