Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Bought another one

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Bought another one

#1 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 am

Just picked up another old Zed - 1977 kz1000ltd - 24k miles on the clock.
Wasn't looking for one, but right place, right time and all that...
Anyway, it was imported into the UK in '79 by it's American serviceman owner and was purchased by the chap I bought in from in '79. It has been stood for the last 30 years.
Engine turns over and all electrics work. Chrome is wrecked, but not rotten.
Allegedly has a big bore kit fitted, which might hold true as it has an oil cooler.
Came with quite a few OEM spares and service manual. (You can never have enough service manuals!).
I think this might be ripe for keeping the engine, frame and electrics and building the Sanctuary style Zed I've always wanted.
If I go down the Sanctuary route, all the parts I don't need will be up for sale.

I've coated it all in ACF50 and put a bit of oil in the bores and tucked it away with the z900 until I have time to decide what to do. (Couple of other projects on at the moment).

In a related note. It is registered on a V plate as it was imported into the UK in '79. However, it was manufactured in '77. Anyone know if it's possible to re-register on the plate for the right manufactured year?

http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Return to “Show us Yours”