Nice full day in the workshop yesterday, although I did struggle a bit as my sciatica has flared up...
Took the carbs bodies and brackets and the cam cover to FJ Aquablasting in Skelmersdale a few days ago.
Took two links out of the new chain (to match the 33 tooth rear sprocket) and got that fitted along with the rear mudguard assembly.
Rermoved the front wheel to check it over and give it a clean up.
More dried up grease. Gave it all a repack with fresh stuff.
Cleaned up all the chrome bits, came up nicely with Quick-Glo Fine formula.
Looking at the wiring behind the headlight, I see some additional wiring (blue) which doesn't go anywhere (ends cut off).
Looks like it's a fused live feed and earth which may have powered something at some point. I removed it all.
At least it was added in a way which hasn't butchered or altered the original wiring and connectors..
Steering head bearings were notchy, so decided to take a look.
Dried up grease. Everything looked OK so I re-greased and reassmebled, however, still nothcy. Closer inspection with my glasses on shows some slight indentations.
So, I'll need to fit some replacement bearings - I have a taper set I can use.