Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
pht9
Regular Poster

Z1

#1 PostAuthor: pht9 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I joined this forum a few months ago, as I was looking to buy a nice original Z1

Here is my bike, its had an interesting life in that it was a Canadian delivered bike, destined for New Foundland. Owned by a Mr Robert Letheridge from 1986 until 2011. It was purchased in pieces by a marine engineer Martin Heinesen, based in the Faroe Isles, but working off the coast of New Foundland. Martin spotted an advert in the local 'Buy/Sell equivalent' for a 73 Z1 project. It appeared that Robert had stripped the bike with a view to restoring it, carefully stored all the original parts - but never got around to restoring any of the parts (fortunately)

Martin is a true enthusiast and recognised the originality and patina, and set about over the next six months putting the bike back together aboard his ship !. He did a great job, original paintwork, wearing the battle scars and stories that only an original can tell !

A few years enjoyed around the Faroe Isles, but a pending Classic Car purchase meant funding was required so the bike had to go, and found its way to the UK and ended up in the hands of Dave Orrit, where it was sold to Paul Brace, then to me

I did some minor recommissioning by restoring the Carbs and Brake system, and am currently enjoying riding the bike, and very happy with the purchase. I've got a bit of a flat spot between 15-20% throttle at low rpm, and could do with someone with more experience than me to advise if its normal, or I need more work to synchronise the carbs ?

For reference, its Frame number 11278, and Engine is original to the bike. Relatively low mileage at 30k miles

I'm based just south of Chester

Thanks for reading - Phil

73 Z1
80 Moriwaki Monster

deka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Z1

#2 PostAuthor: deka » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Sweet
GPZ1100 A1 zrx1100 gsa1200

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Nice bike, nice story.
I'd strip, check and clean the carbs, replacing anything worn and then set them up us per manual.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#4 PostAuthor: paul doran » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:42 pm

nice bike and great story
way too many Zeds

Return to “Show us Yours”