Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

8 months of Z1 ownership,

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
mick.harris
Regular Poster

8 months of Z1 ownership,

#1 PostAuthor: mick.harris » Sun May 12, 2019 10:54 am

Well I've had the Z1 now for 8 months, loving it, I paid far too much for it but still glad I did it,
it's been out most sunny weekends and I'm comfortable riding it now , as it's my first bike and been used to lambretta's most of my life,so a massive difference,
had the usual teething problems after a complete restoration, firstly a valve needed sorting, and then a complete electrical failure at night in the rain , I pushed it 2 miles down the road to safety,
(think it weighs 36 stone!!!!), turned out to be a fuse, so everythings running sweet now, thanks to everyone on the forum for your great advice,
z1%20normanby%20hall.jpg

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

Re: 8 months of Z1 ownership,

#2 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Sun May 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Very nice Mick....

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun May 12, 2019 2:42 pm

:clap :clap :clap :more

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 am

Hi Mick
very nice Z1 ! Congratulations!
Let the good times roll !
Grtz
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Gonzo
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: Gonzo » Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 am

mick.harris wrote:Well I've had the Z1 now for 8 months, loving it, I paid far too much for it but still glad I did it,
it's been out most sunny weekends and I'm comfortable riding it now , as it's my first bike and been used to lambretta's most of my life,so a massive difference,
had the usual teething problems after a complete restoration, firstly a valve needed sorting, and then a complete electrical failure at night in the rain , I pushed it 2 miles down the road to safety,
(think it weighs 36 stone!!!!), turned out to be a fuse, so everythings running sweet now, thanks to everyone on the forum for your great advice,z1%20normanby%20hall.jpg

I had that problem with mine although I only had a 1 mile push home. These bikes are bloody heavy when the engine isn't pushing you along! :blah

A new fuse box sorted mine out as the main fuse was loose and had got hot and melted the plastic tangs that hold it in place. A common problem I believe.

Beautiful bike btw :up
1978 Z1000A2
Previous Zeds:
1975 Z1B
1982 Z650F3

albertros58
new poster

#6 PostAuthor: albertros58 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Bummer about the fuse but dude you got an awesome Bike....you gonna turn heads wherever you go, even if your pushing it....huff and puff or what...lol!!
Albertros

Return to “Show us Yours”