Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

found this and had to have it

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
hartyb
100Club
100Club

found this and had to have it

#1 PostAuthor: hartyb » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:00 pm

I am normally looking for bikes that are all original or need very little work as with having quite a few already that need work it does not make much scene to keep upping the work load

well this one was a little different can you work out what it is ?

after looking at it then making the phone call to check out the numbers and a few pic emailed a deal was struck
a ferry booked and the bike trailer ready for a trip to south Germany only 820 mile each way

when i told the seller i was in deed coming he reply was good as there is a long list of others waiting if you dropped out

for any one who has not guessed yet its a Z1000 MK2 with what at first look is a Z1000 A1 tank and possibly tail unit and a steel based 2/4 Seat again z1000a most likely, the frame is not cut off at the back like the Z1R i bought a couple of years ago to fit the duck tail unit which is very good news

In January I picked up a MK2 paint set and a few other bits like a rear light and mount, if i borrow just a very small amount of parts from my other Mk2 build this will be back in her own cloths by the end of the week (they will need painting in the MK2 red) exhausts are soiled but will need a re plating down the road, head light mounts I have
new tyres are on carbs were stripped and cleaned and balanced she rides all OK a deep clean should see the MK2 looking her best for now

the other bike on the trailer is the Z1R with no paint set on it as its waiting to be picked up I hope next week that need a rear light bracket making and welding back in place as well as seat mounts and seat lock holder will try to keep you posted to how that works out

more pics to follow
Attachments
IMAG0197.jpg
IMAG0197.jpg (234.59 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
Z900A4, Z1000A1, Z1000ST E1,E2, Z1000Mk2 A3,Z1000H Z1R D1, z1000j3, Z1000P. Z900RS SE,
Z1300 A1,
GPZ1100 Unitrack, GPZ750E, GPZ 750Turbo, GPZ900r A1, A2, A6
ZZR1100 Purple and orange
KE175b, KE175F
along with some lesser makes :eek

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: found this and had to have it

#2 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:08 pm

You have scored mate!
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Bill P » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Nice one mate :)

hartyb
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: hartyb » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 pm

I am very pleased with a the MK2 and yes I was quick to work out just what it was and make the deal, for the few you get there are 100 that get away, I guess now and then you get lucky :D total cost of collection was two tanks of diesel and a ferry return ticket about £330 in all all in all less than i got off the asking Price :lol: :D :D

and I got to see Philippe and his lovely wife on the way back which as ever is a real treat, a true Gentleman, Thank you for your hospitality Philippe
Z900A4, Z1000A1, Z1000ST E1,E2, Z1000Mk2 A3,Z1000H Z1R D1, z1000j3, Z1000P. Z900RS SE,
Z1300 A1,
GPZ1100 Unitrack, GPZ750E, GPZ 750Turbo, GPZ900r A1, A2, A6
ZZR1100 Purple and orange
KE175b, KE175F
along with some lesser makes :eek

deka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: deka » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:05 am

hartyb wrote:I am very pleased with a the MK2 and yes I was quick to work out just what it was and make the deal, for the few you get there are 100 that get away, I guess now and then you get lucky :D total cost of collection was two tanks of diesel and a ferry return ticket about £330 in all all in all less than i got off the asking Price :lol: :D :D

and I got to see Philippe and his lovely wife on the way back which as ever is a real treat, a true Gentleman, Thank you for your

hospitality Philippe

Yes philippe is a legend and I had the pleasure to meet him last year when I was in Brussels on route to the ring
GPZ1100 A1 zrx1100 gsa1200

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 am

Hi guys
it's always a pleasure to meet nice people and to welcome them at my place!
I didn't realise I'm a legend... :blush
I had the privilege to see the MK2 on the trailer on the way to the UK, it's a real promising project, all the hard to find bits are on , it'll be a nice MK2 once completed!
The Z1R needs some work but she'll be a fine bike too!
@ Bruce I hope your son made it in time to go to school. Nice chap!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Show us Yours”