Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1B-900

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
Chris71
Regular Poster

Z1B-900

#1 PostAuthor: Chris71 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 am

20191017_172524.jpg

Here's a picture of my 1975 Z1B-900 all date codes are right. I got it for a bargain and have done a small amount of work, exhaust, chain guard, airbox and detailing, very low mileage (4600k).
Any ideas on a value?

Many thanks

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1B-900

#2 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 am

Looks very nice.
Which value are you looking for? Insurance or resale?
Opinions on value will vary. We need more info on what's original and what's not though.
Just watch the sold prices for them on any of the major selling platforms and you will soon have a realistic re-sale value.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:33 am

Chris71 wrote:20191017_172524.jpg

Here's a picture of my 1975 Z1B-900 all date codes are right. I got it for a bargain and have done a small amount of work, exhaust, chain guard, airbox and detailing, very low mileage (4600k).
Any ideas on a value?

Many thanks

Nice B.

A properly restored 'B' with period correct (to the bike) parts could make anything up to £14-15K (UK) . Yours looks very nice but paint and incorrect carbs would knock that value, plus as said above it also depends on how the rest of the bike was restored, ie using mainly pattern or original parts.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

chrisNI
Site Admin

#4 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:36 pm

For insurance I’d have thought it would have been in around that anyway.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi Chris
you have a very beautiful bike, on the continent you could easy ask 13500 Euro or even more if it has the correct carbs and the correct head light (Yours have the z900A4 carbs and an H4 headlight)
Anyway a bike that you can ride without problems if the engine had a rebuilt with new camchain parts.
It's a stunning example, well done!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Chris71
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: Chris71 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Cheer guys, the bike has 29mm smoothbore carbs, the rest of the bike is orginal just the exhaust and airbox and chain guard are pattern parts.
The bikes date is 1/75 and all the date codes are 12/74. I'll look for some original carbs as for the paint well I'll live with it for a while.
I only paid $15knz (7.5k UK).
I really wanted a insurance value to replace so thanks..

chrisNI
Site Admin

#7 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:22 pm

The 29mm smooth bores are an upgrade... :D

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:30 pm

Chris71 wrote:Cheer guys, the bike has 29mm smoothbore carbs, the rest of the bike is orginal just the exhaust and airbox and chain guard are pattern parts.
The bikes date is 1/75 and all the date codes are 12/74. I'll look for some original carbs as for the paint well I'll live with it for a while.
I only paid $15knz (7.5k UK).
I really wanted a insurance value to replace so thanks..

Thanks for the info.
I wouldn't be insuring for less than £14k.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:20 am

Chris71 wrote: as for the paint well I'll live with it for a while.

TBH it's more the positioning of the stripes, the paint itself looks pretty close.

Pic below is my old 'B', Paint & Stripes are factory original but was re-lacquered to cover a little fading. Note the bottom stripes rise from the back of the tank to run square with the 'Fixed' Badge. It's a mistake many painters make and stripe level with the bottom of the tank thus making the badge look wrong and giving the illusion that from the side the tank looks too high at the rear.

Picture037.jpg
Picture037.jpg (423.96 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Chris71
Regular Poster

#10 PostAuthor: Chris71 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:33 am

Garry.L wrote:
Chris71 wrote: as for the paint well I'll live with it for a while.

TBH it's more the positioning of the stripes, the paint itself looks pretty close.

Pic below is my old 'B', Paint & Stripes are factory original but was re-lacquered to cover a little fading. Note the bottom stripes rise from the back of the tank to run square with the 'Fixed' Badge. It's a mistake many painters make and stripe level with the bottom of the tank thus making the badge look wrong and giving the illusion that from the side the tank looks too high at the rear.

Wow great info, your spot on I did think it didn't look right some how, hell now I see that can I live with it! :oh

Return to “Show us Yours”