Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Charging

By popular demand, an area to discuss track days & track based events
zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Charging

#16 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:03 am

marlin wrote:to robw , i have the full self generating cdi unit by them the rpks-3112 they are just short of £600 i have a unit bought by zed1015 was used for 10 minutes then he swapped units if any good to you leave me a message cheers marlin

Wasn't even run at all.
Only had it bolted on then found the kickstart couldn't spin it fast enough to spark.
It needs 200 rpm to fire and the most I could get was 100 on the kicker before I nearly had a coronary.

martinz1000r
ZedHead
ZedHead

#17 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 am

interesting read and cant understand why i missed this thread in the past.

As you know I have an Electrexworld race alternator fitted to my Croz replica. My experiences of them match yours. They are happy to take your money but follow up customer service is appalling. I also had a number of issues in terms of fit and performance which I've had to deal with as they are simply not interested. (Rob - zed1015 i did message you recently....). Last issue as you know was the oil seal that let go at Donington dumping oil on the back tyre with the resulting physical and financial pain.

I was thinking of fitting one of these to my Lawson but probably wont bother now as they dont seem to have got their act together and still use customers as a test and development process.
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R, Ducati 999

Robw
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#18 PostAuthor: Robw » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Marlon, thanks for the offer, but I won't be ready to look at fitting any until next year.
Cheers Rob
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer

Return to “Track Days & Race Meets”