Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Donington 2017 6th - 7th May

By popular demand, an area to discuss track days & track based events
sanderz
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Donington 2017 6th - 7th May

#1 PostAuthor: sanderz » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:54 am

Final dates have yet to be finalised but recon this will be a great weekend for those with an interest in classic racing - whether participating or spectating.

Further details -

http://www.endurancelegends.co.uk/
Wots up DOHC

Robw
ZedHead
ZedHead

#2 PostAuthor: Robw » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:40 pm

I am to be there, thrashing my Zeds around the circuit.
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer, gpz1100b1

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Subject to final dates I will be there. I will take the Croz replica for track use. If the club has a stand and wants bikes I can take the Moto Martin KR thingy assuming FTP has my paintwork repaired.
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Al » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:04 am

Definately maybe, after my last years fiasco at Snetterton for this event i will be keen not to have that happen again! All balanced out again with two epic days at Snetterton two weeks back.
Spoke to Darin and he has said that confirmed details etc will be along in a minute.

AL
1981 J1

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:09 pm

CBT Have my deposit already :lol:

Dates are though to be the one of the first two weekends in May so 6/7th or 13th 14th. But still awaiting final approval.

This could be mini Spa but doubt we'll get garages, but i can bring an awning.

Just need to get our acts together so we can gather in one place.

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#6 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Dates are confirmed for 6th and 7th May. 6 sessions over 2 days is not a lot but then price is reflective as most No Limits days at Donnie are around £150 a day.

Best i seek approval from she who must especially as she just signed off 3 days at Estoril at the end of May....
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: Al » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:39 pm

It’s official! Endurance Legends will thunder into action at the world famous Donington Park over the weekend of 6-7 May 2017.

Excitement for the event which hosts the UK’s only 4hour classic endurance race has been building rapidly since details were released in April, but in addition to releasing the official date, the organisers are thrilled to be able to confirm more high profile racing to pack the adrenaline-filled weekend schedule.

Recreating the sight, sounds and spirit of racing in the 1950’s and early 1960’s, the Lansdowne Classic Series will fill the ex-Grand Prix circuit with an historic mix of Manx Nortons, Matchless G50s, AJS 7Rs and more.
Richard Adams from The Lansdowne said, “The Lansdowne Classic Series is thrilled to be invited to join Endurance Legends for their weekend of exciting racing at the iconic Donington Park – always a favourite with riders and spectators alike. The Lansdowne guarantees a spectacle of big singles from the 1950’s and early 60’s putting on a show of very competitive racing as you would have seen in period. Sounds like a race meeting with a difference – not to be missed!â€￾

Of course Endurance Legends wouldn’t be complete without the noise of screaming 2-strokes, so being able to welcome the ICGP (International Classic Grand Prix) with an enviable grid of genuine ex-GP race bikes is a dream come true.

Eric Saul, ICGP President, commented, “ICGP is very happy to race at Donington Park during the Endurance Legends weekend next year, as an official FIM Europe Cup this circuit is part of the Grand Prix history and we can’t wait to bring back the sounds of 2 strokes again!â€￾

Add to this a heady mix of celebrity riders, interviews and autographs sessions, classic bike track sessions and special Anniversary parades, classic club and trade displays, live action on the Melbourne Loop and live music on the Saturday evening – Endurance Legends is gearing up to be a truly spectacular weekend of classic motorcycling.

Endurance Legends is supported by:
Suzuki GB www.suzuki-gb.co.uk
Suzuki Vintage Parts www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/my-suzuki/vintage-parts
Continental Motorcycle Tyres www.conti-bike.co.uk
ERIKS www.eriks.com

For tickets and more information:
www.endurancelegends.com +44 (0)8451 25 26 62

You can also keep up-to-date with Endurance Legends via social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EnduranceLegends/
Twitter: @4hrEnduranceUK

For all Donington Park events & information:
www.donington-park.co.uk +44 (0)1332 810048
1981 J1

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#8 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks guys for posting this up here - both Rob and I have been a tad busy recently (and still are!!), but we're over the moon with the response to the next Endurance Legends weekend at Donington Park.

This unique race, track & show weekend will take place over 6/7 May 2017 and feature . . .

- a mix of the best classic racing - including the ICGP (International Classic Grand Prix) featuring genuine ex-GP 250 strokers, The Lansdowne (the best 500 singles from the 50s & 60s), and of course the UK's only 4hr Classic Endurance Race with a proper Le Mans start - preceded by a grid walk so all spectators can see the bikes & riders. Also live commentary & timing 🙂

- everyone's chance to get their classic bike on track with 6 sessions spread thoughtout the racing on Saturday & Sunday (but finishing before the 4hr Endurance race so everyone can watch the Le Mans start). No noise limit too!!

- live action on the Melbourne Loop throughout the weekend; drag bike demos & rolling burnouts, Try-A-Classic-Bike (throw a leg over a range of classic & vintage machines from the VMCC), parades from some of your favourite clubs ;) and more...

- Classic race bike parades, celebrity riders, interviews & autograph sessions

- Suzuki Hall of Fame in the Paddock Suite featuring a huge display of their best race, road & modified machines

- Suzuki TL1000 20th Anniversary displays & parades (Kawasaki's in 2018??!)

- Classic bike club displays.... would be great to have a big Z1OC display! Maybe we can give you a parade as well??

- Trade village

- Live bands & bar on Saturday night

There's more in the pipeline too which we'll release as soon as details are confirmed.

For more info visit the Endurance Legends website: www.endurancelegends.com

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#9 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:18 am

We've just updated the EL website and added a Shop for Club Bookings, Track Sessions, Trade Stands and Spectator Tickets, and the clubs have now started to book; VJMC, Kettle Club, FSIE Club, Ducati 851/888 . . . in fact the VJMC are sponsoring the Club & Concours Show at Endurance Legends, and making it their National event, and we hear a rumour that OSS are too!

There's already a number of you booked in on track, and we'd love to see the Z1OC there in force with a great display in the Show too.

We just need to know how many bikes will be on display as everyone who displays a bike will receive a free weekend pass! :) There will be trophies for the best bikes on display, and we're looking at putting in a load of marquees to keep your pride n'joys shaded from the burning sun, but we can't marquee the whole paddock so the marquees will be allocated on a first booked basis

http://www.endurancelegends.co.uk/websh ... b-booking/

We're also offering Clubs only, a discounted "ride-in" entry (12 tickets for price of 10) so members can ride-in, park in the clubs ride-in area and be part of the whole show, which makes a weekend ticket just £16.80

http://www.endurancelegends.co.uk/websh ... n-tickets/

Club members can also take part in slow speed parades on the Melbourne Loop over both days - when the VMCC Try-a-classic-bike, racing sidecar ferry trips and new bike experiences aren't running!

For those of you who want to a bit more speed . . . there's still some space on track over the Saturday & Sunday with 6 x 20 min sessions on the National Circuit (groups for Novice, Strokers, Middleweights & Superbikes) which are mixed between all the race practice & qualifying. There's NO NOISE LIMIT either :shock: and track bookings also get 2 weekend entry tickets worth £40 (or £60 on the day)

http://www.endurancelegends.co.uk/websh ... -sessions/

Add to this race bike parades, the Suzuki Hall of Fame, TL Anniversary, celebrity interviews & autograph sessions, and live music; DJ & band from late Saturday afternoon into the night, oh and some of the best classic racing around; ICGP (ex-GP strokers), the Lansdowne (350 & 500 singles) and the UK's only 4hr classic endurance race - here are the 4hr teams booked so far :wink:

http://www.endurancelegends.co.uk/endurance-teams/

Additional spectator tickets can be bought online now and will save you £8 per day or £10 for a weekend;
http://www.endurancelegends.co.uk/websh ... r-tickets/

It's going to be a unique and unmissable weekend!

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#10 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:21 am

So who else is going and doing trackday?

I can't commit at this stage. I'm going to Estoril with No Limits end of May and want to do Spa in June so from both a political and financial point of view this is going to be difficult to swing.

What could help my case is knowing if CBT are doing any other events in 2017? Cadwell etc?

I'm happy to commit bikes in theme of event if wanted eg Croz replica Z900, KR1000 replica or my Lawson but if I'm not going they would need transport.

Robw
ZedHead
ZedHead

#11 PostAuthor: Robw » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Still not sure, seems to me the track day side is being marginalised and not overly fussed about watching the racing. Also, space in the paddock will be at a premium with the club's and racers, so not sure where I will be able to set up for the weekend.
I hope Cadwell will still be available to do as this is one of my favourite circuits, off to Spa regardless of who is organising it and going to Cartenga with No limits, so still getting my track days in.
Rob
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer, gpz1100b1

pluto
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: pluto » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:33 am

I'm going.
At the end of season Cadwell classic day I spoke with quite a few Classic Bike Trackday regulars who were expressing a very negative point of view, mainly due to the lack of track time and the expense versus a normal trackday. Al sent me a link to what the racers thought of Snetterton last year and it seems they dont like the trackday people taking up their valuable practice time.
I'm hoping that everyone can come together and make it like an English version of Spa (much cheaper though), not a lot of track time but plenty of other things do do and a sociable weekend with some fantastic bikes on display and running on track. Weather permitting it promises to be excellent.
If people dont go it can be pretty much guaranteed that there wont be any more CBT events to attend which would be a terrible shame.
Dave

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#13 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:11 pm

I booked in, bob hooper gpz11, is booked in and Paul cb900/400-4
Appreciate Robw's concern about the paddock though, As long as we are not in the shitty dusty area near redgate it will be fine.

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#14 PostAuthor: Al » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Going no matter what. Will be a monumental event and i really want to see it and get involved one way or another.
AL
1981 J1

brian 1100
100Club
100Club

Donington 2017

#15 PostAuthor: brian 1100 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Almost certainly a no from me.
I'm retiring the 1100R from track use and don't have another bike.

Brian

Return to “Track Days & Race Meets”