Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Donington 2017 6th - 7th May

By popular demand, an area to discuss track days & track based events
Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#16 PostAuthor: Al » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:21 pm

If you do get another bike Brian, to make it fair for everyone else and give us a 50/50 chance of catching you, i think you should be restricted to 125cc.

AL
1981 J1

rc30rob
Regular Poster

#17 PostAuthor: rc30rob » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi folks,
I thought I would just catch up with you and address some of the concerns and questions you have here.
Martinz1000r
“What could help my case is knowing if CBT are doing any other events in 2017? Cadwell etc?â€￾

We would love to know if we have a date at Cadwell too. As usual we have to wait until January until the tracks decide what date we can have, if any. We are at the bottom of the pecking order as racing always comes first because it generates more money for the circuit, however we are constantly ringing them up and asking. We can confirm a weekday/s right now (not Fridays though!) which is something we are looking at, but this suits far less riders and we already run in a limited market which presents a bigger financial risk.

Rob w
“Still not sure, seems to me the track day side is being marginalised and not overly fussed about watching the racing. Also, space in the paddock will be at a premium with the club's and racers, so not sure where I will be able to set up for the weekendâ€￾.

Rob,
We are trying to create an event where everyone is as important as each other and includes the show for riders who do not want to trackday (and there are many) ,the trackday for those who can’t or do not want to race, and the 4hr race for those who want something different to a 6 lap blast.
Pro rata it is the same time on track for the trackday riders over two days as you would have at Spa over the 3 days.

The paddock will be full but if you guys book in as a club (which you are) you will be assured a prime spot in the paddock, PLEASE, be part of the show, your bikes are ace and it is free.
This is our version of Spa, at one of the best tracks in the UK with NO noise limit, that is accessible to all easily and allows us to run noisy aircooled bikes.
It has taken us 5 years to get a weekend date at Donington as they are oversubscribed by 60% and if this one is successful we aim to have 3 days in 2018, but all we were allowed to have was 2 for this year.

Pluto.
“At the end of season Cadwell classic day I spoke with quite a few Classic Bike Trackday regulars who were expressing a very negative point of view, mainly due to the lack of track time and the expense versus a normal trackday. Al sent me a link to what the racers thought of Snetterton last year and it seems they don’t like the trackday people taking up their valuable practice timeâ€￾.

Hi Dave,
Is it the cost of Donington that our regulars were thinking it was too expensive? Is it at Donny folk think they are being short changed??

The racers we spoke to have not said a dicky bird, they all loved the Snetterton event! even with the weather nothing had been said about the trackdayers as far as we know.
If there are links to folk that are upset please forward them to us and we will address it, if anyone has complaints please direct them too us and we will address these too as we can only correct things we know about.

You guys have known us long enough now to be able to talk to us and say what you think.
The magazines have no financial input to any of the events, it is all mine and Darin’s risk and we do it because we enjoy, we believe in it and we are trying to provide a service that encompasses all, that we as a punter would like to go to.
Cheers
Rob
Nolite id ,cogere ,cape malleum majorem

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: Al » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 pm

You guys have known us long enough now to be able to talk to us and say what you think.

There were comments posted about several things; not verbatim

There were some un-supervised under fives on a pit bike in the paddock 'till around midnight causing absolute mayhem.
That is correct they were next to my van and kept me awake for a very frustrating nerve jamgling hour at least.
There was loud music ( Saturday night i think) from some sources in the paddock.
That is also correct because it kept me awake also.

The idea of a band did not go down well in the clubhouse but you know that already because i saw a few people speak to you about it.

Another comment was that; they had had issues with the trackday lot.
I forget exactly what was written but it is probable that this was a reference to people who didnt have pink wrist bands,.. standing on the pit lane wall and taking photo's of the start which caused some shouting over the Public Address and delayed the start until they could be removed.
This was also correct, i know, i was one of them initially. I moved when they made the first announcement to clear the pit wall. I was definitely ignorant but they were co-correspondingly incompetent. As people were removed from the wall or just left it, others replaced them. I also got bollocked twice at Spa for infringements in the pit lane. Just dumb i guess!

All fixable with the application of experience now that that has been gained.

AL
1981 J1

brian 1100
100Club
100Club

#19 PostAuthor: brian 1100 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:50 pm

zorded wrote:If you do get another bike Brian, to make it fair for everyone else and give us a 50/50 chance of catching you, i think you should be restricted to 125cc.

AL

Surely you missed a zero off the end.

If anyone hears/knows of a well sorted old skool track bike I'd be interested.
Haven't the time for a project.
Been searching EBay etc for weeks and nothing's come up.
I want to do the event but have a couple of long trips planned on the 1100 next year so need to ensure it's in good order.

Brian

needaz1100r
ZedHead
ZedHead

#20 PostAuthor: needaz1100r » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Cheers,

Mark.

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#21 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Yes and its eligible for spa!

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#22 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Gents,

Shall we try and do do this properly as Rob and Darin said,

"The paddock will be full but if you guys book in as a club (which you are) you will be assured a prime spot in the paddock, PLEASE, be part of the show, your bikes are ace and it is free. "

Lets try and all collect together, I can take my awning and I am sure GB can lend us a banner so we can advertise the z10c.

I suggest in January we collate a list of who is interested in and have booked and I am happy to discuss with CBT a paddock area where we can set up.

There are at least 6 of us interested already so Its a good start and it would be good to get together in the paddock area rather than be dispersed like usual.

Bob Hooper is even talking of fielding a team with a bike thats being built now so that should add some additional interest. And we might need some pit crew.
Last edited by KWACKERZ1 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#23 PostAuthor: Coose » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:27 pm

I'm certainly interested in coming along for the weekend with my J. And assuming I'm not too hungover I'd be more than willing to spanner in the paddock! :)

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#24 PostAuthor: Al » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Would they let me in on this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZXR7 ... SwImRYLHHy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Everyone welcome for dip toes in the water, only requirements are pre 1995 two wheeled bike and suitable clothing. There is no scrutineering and there will be no noise test. You need a standard road licence with full bike entitlement from DVLA as we all have in our wallets. So Track, race, classic restored, classic daily rider, vintage, sports, cafe, custom sports,... if its safe and appropriate good stuff. There is no racing or timing on the trackday part (us lot) no overtaking up the inside, no chopping and there are marshalls on track with you. Go as fast or as slow as you like or the condition dictate. Mess about get chucked out.

Endless vids on the tube but if you want to see the sorts of bikes / what people wear and how they ride, here's a couple of examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfAuuZNpjSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqFTPcJ4ldc

Hope to see you there.
AL
1981 J1

Robw
ZedHead
ZedHead

#25 PostAuthor: Robw » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Paid for my entry. Hopefully it will be a good weekend
Rob
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer, gpz1100b1

brian 1100
100Club
100Club

#26 PostAuthor: brian 1100 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:55 pm

OK guys, just booked a place in the Superbike group.
Brought a old skool track bike today. A 1984 track ready FJ1100.
Pretty much standard - CMRC registered for production class so I could even race it - tempting!
I will likely bring the 1100R as well to do one or two sessions.
I've been gathering another set of body work - tank, fairing etc - so it may even be in standard colours by then.

Brian

Robw
ZedHead
ZedHead

#27 PostAuthor: Robw » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:15 pm

I better change my Superbike entry back to Novice, with Brian howling around on a bus.
Rob
Z1000R/ZRX, RD 125LC, Zx7r , Endurance racer, gpz1100b1

brian 1100
100Club
100Club

#28 PostAuthor: brian 1100 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Robw wrote:I better change my Superbike entry back to Novice, with Brian howling around on a bus.
Rob

Oddly enough, the guy I brought it from described it as "The Big Red Racing Bus". He'd been quite successful with it the last couple of years in the CRMC.
It's not as powerful as my 1100R and probably heavier so I can cruise around the circuit and admire the views.

Brian

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#29 PostAuthor: Al » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:46 pm

I have booked and paid for two days in Superbike group at Donnington on the trackday option.

There are less than 10 places remaining in superbike and a handful more than that left in each of the other groups so you'll need to get a wiggle on if you want to get in.

AL
1981 J1

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#30 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Negotiations concluded. I will be attending both Donington and Cadwell. I booked Superbike group for Donington.

Given my superior negotiation skills and how fast the deal was struck I was thinking of offering my services to teresa may...... :D

Anybody fancy baby sitting a pair of lurchers for a couple of weekends?
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Return to “Track Days & Race Meets”