Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Spa Bikers Classic 2016

By popular demand, an area to discuss track days & track based events
martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Spa Bikers Classic 2016

#1 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:09 am

I got a Drift Stealth camera for my birthday and it's first outing was Spa this year. Strapped to the handlebars of my Croz replica. I just worked out how to share these things to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryBcnh2 ... e=youtu.be

Picture quality is not good as i played with the settings and it struggles with the constant changing light conditions (now sorted). Thought you might be interested to see old bikes being used in anger and not just polished and pampered.
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#2 PostAuthor: paul doran » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 am

great on board footage Martin
You certainly can ride that Zed
way too many Zeds

Is Vic There
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Is Vic There » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:02 am

Just watched that, bloody ace mate. I've tagged myself in to all the YouTube vids that you post! Really enjoyed that, well done. Post a picture of the bike you used. I did like the triple that gave you a bit of hassel in the first few minutes it does make me think of having a go with my Harris, unfortunately I am Captain Slow but would have a go!
Norton 850 Command, Harris Mag 2, Harris Mag 5, Triumph Steve McQueen, Suzuki RGV250 Barry Sheene, RG250 Walter Wolf, RD125LC, Lambretta Li150, Vespa 50N.

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Is Vic There wrote:Just watched that, bloody ace mate. I've tagged myself in to all the YouTube vids that you post! Really enjoyed that, well done. Post a picture of the bike you used. I did like the triple that gave you a bit of hassel in the first few minutes it does make me think of having a go with my Harris, unfortunately I am Captain Slow but would have a go!

Here you go. The first couple of laps I was taking it very easy as with cold tyres and a damp track in places I wanted to make sure I knew my way round before letting it really go. Spa is a great experience for any old bike fan. It's 3 days devoted to old skool. Not that great in terms of track time but you are riding an iconic circuit with like minded people so no Marquez wannabees throwing themselves under you in a corner and promptly falling off (Snetterton recently). Caters to all sorts and the parade on the Saturday night which allows you to ride the old circuit (now public highways) was great fun. Especially as the local police are waving you to speed up to get it over!

Quite a few regulars KwackerZ1, Robw, Zorded plus others rode, Pluto spectated this year. My first year riding.

I think this will give you a few pictures of some of the bikes:

http://s409.photobucket.com/user/steven ... sic%202016

and here's my bike

Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Al » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Its definately got some legs on it. Wonder how much faster it would have been with the head nuts done up!

AL
1981 J1

Steve Cooke
ZedHead
ZedHead

#6 PostAuthor: Steve Cooke » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Excellent! :up

Return to “Track Days & Race Meets”