Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Classic bike track days Cadwell

By popular demand, an area to discuss track days & track based events
Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Classic bike track days Cadwell

#46 PostAuthor: Al » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:19 am

IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
1981 J1

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#47 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am

I feel like crap today, knackered and dehydrated
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

brian 1100
100Club
100Club

#48 PostAuthor: brian 1100 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Excellent but very tiring weekend. Noisy rooks/crows waking everyone up in their tents at 4am (or walking over the van roofs) Saturday morning then people in the campsite on the piss until 1am Sunday morning doesn't help.
Big thanks to Al for cooking Saturday night.
Apologies for not being on a Kawasaki this year.
Anyone got videos from the weekend?
My Gopro has a habit of turning itself off after a couple of minutes, though it did stay on for four sessions.
They're not very interesting though as I was usually at the front of the queue in the pits so no other bikes until I caught those last out of the gate. One here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFIG-ny-kXM&t=236s

Brian

martinz1000r
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#49 PostAuthor: martinz1000r » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:55 pm

i have video. Will post to YouTube. I believe you flash past me in one of them. Plenty of Rob, Phil Moore and Phil LeBroq. Other than that pretty lonely out there....
Z1000R, Moto Martin GPz, z900 A4 Crosby Replica, Harris Magnum 2, Suzuki GSXR 1100 Slabbie, SP1 Hoonda x 2, Katana 1100, Bimota SB6R and Tuatara

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#50 PostAuthor: Coose » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:14 pm

That's cracking footage Brian, you clearly are mad! :wink:

I have a tip - Howard Leight Laser Lite earplugs. They're the cheapest, best sealing and comfortable ear plugs I've used and can easily sleep in them. Don't confuse them for rhubarb and custard sweets though!

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#51 PostAuthor: Al » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Anyone video Brian lapping Guy Martin?
AL
1981 J1

pluto
100Club
100Club

#52 PostAuthor: pluto » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:04 pm

What a good weekend, good to meet a few more people on here and big thanks to Al for the spag bol - very tasty indeed and got us all together.

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#53 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 pm

I'd never thought about doing track days until I started reading this post and watched Brian's video... Now I'm very tempted :) I'm contemplating hanging up my motocross boots, maybe a track bike could be a good replacement toy :roll: let's see..

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#54 PostAuthor: Coose » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 am

I'm kicking myself Lee for not going into the novice group even for the day on Sunday, having been out on the parade laps and reminding myself of just how much of a splendid circuit Cadwell really is! :)
(Thanks for the pics Al!)

Next year I'll definitely be doing Cadwell, though if all goes to plan it might not be with a Zed but a Young Person's Vile Screamer...

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#55 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:40 am

You'll need deep pockets for a YPVS, they're silly money now
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#56 PostAuthor: Al » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm kicking myself Lee for not going into the novice group even for the day on Sunday,

Yes its a shame. I asked Darin on Sunday morning how many spare places they had for Sunday. 6 apparently!! They could have had 7 if i'd dropped that wanker in the shit with the 999 Ducati!!!!!!!!!
Going out in the parade laps as you did gives no real indication of the circuit. Its the same as the sighting laps at around 50 mph and the onset of horror is not until about twice that :D

Lee i think you want youre bumps felt. Youve seen one of Brians vids and it hasnt put you off?

AL
1981 J1

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#57 PostAuthor: Coose » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Al wrote:
I'm kicking myself Lee for not going into the novice group even for the day on Sunday,

Yes its a shame. I asked Darin on Sunday morning how many spare places they had for Sunday. 6 apparently!! They could have had 7 if i'd dropped that wanker in the shit with the 999 Ducati!!!!!!!!!
Going out in the parade laps as you did gives no real indication of the circuit. Its the same as the sighting laps at around 50 mph and the onset of horror is not until about twice that :D

Lee i think you want youre bumps felt. Youve seen one of Brians vids and it hasnt put you off?

AL

Oh, I'm very-much aware Al as I've spent quite a bit of time there over the years. From a Performance Bikes Frenzy back in '93, to twisty sprints to one solitary track day...

Red and white KTM 500 was the PB Frenzy, Cagiva was me at a track day in about 2010, SV650 was Doug at the same track day, having just toured France or the Hebrides or somewhere... :wink:
I think I've previously posted a photo of my TZ at a twisty sprint... :)

Now, what about the MSV trackday on the 22nd of September? My aim is to have the YPVS ready. I just need to collect it first. And build it...

p.s. Stupid Photobucket, stupid gallery.... :evil:

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#58 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Al wrote:

AL

No Al that was what got me going actually. Haha.

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#59 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Loving the KTM Coose, I raced a '90 model in the open class when I was younger, was a monster!

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#60 PostAuthor: Coose » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 pm

LeeJackson wrote:Loving the KTM Coose, I raced a '90 model in the open class when I was younger, was a monster!

I have two of 'em Lee. I still have that one, an ex-factory '87 which I've just rebuilt and an '86 Enduro (which is up for sale....). I'll bung up a couple of photos when I'm not stood in a beer garden in Dublin! :wink:

Return to “Track Days & Race Meets”