Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Track day insurance cover

By popular demand, an area to discuss track days & track based events
Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

Track day insurance cover

#1 PostAuthor: Al » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Just renewed my 'Laid Up' policy on the J with Carole Nash for the year for £36 and noticed reading the inclusions that; the bike is covered whilst being used or ridden on any race track or circuit or other prepared course. Cover applies to bikes over 20 years old (for which i know they now also apply no excess) except if used for racing or pacemaking or any contest of speed for which there is no cover extended.

That fits nicely for me with classic days and commercial trackdays and had i known it (if it existed then) when i pinged off at Cadwell i would have had a valid claim.
I know its not the same as trackday insurance where; you, the bike and the other bike and the other bloke and his auntie are covered but for £36 for the year still worth knowing.

It also includes National and international rallies and occasions when the bike is in static display at shows etc.
:idea:

AL
1981 J1

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#2 PostAuthor: Coose » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Does it not just cover for fire and theft only Al? I used to have a similar policy with the NFU on one of my old KTMs and it was quite specific....

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Al » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Its a laid up policy so no road risk. They call the cover level ADFT meaning; Accidental Damage, Fire and Theft as opposed to TPFT (third party F&T) for example.

Quote;

Track use - We will also provide the cover shown in youre schedule whilst youre motorcycle is being used or ridden on any race track or circuit or other prepared course. This cover only applies to motorcycles manufactured over 20 years ago. However, we will not provide any cover if the motorcycle is being used for racing, pacemaking or in any contest or speed trial.

Thats all they wrote.

I guess times have changed and Carole Nash and others in our market have woken up to a particular need of some of its customers. I never intended to buy track day cover and its not just a throw away line that they have included it either, there must be some demand. Judging by the ever increasing numbers of older stuff and the classic trackdays, parades, shows, displays, demo rides etc that our demographic segment participates in, i think its not before time.

AL
1981 J1

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Coose » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:05 am

A-ha, there it is then! As you say, the times are-a changing and that's a nice little bonus! :)

Return to “Track Days & Race Meets”